2.6

Summer, The Year Of Our Lord 1628
Stark Castle, Stark Lordship, Isle Of Stone, A province of King Edward I
Stephen

A long letter and four days' wait gets my clan to visit. They were uncertain at first, and had to have a whole platoon of guards walk them safely through the crowds of people in the streets. The four days' wait was full of me trying not to freak out as I noted the man who was always nearby, his messy brown hair and deep brown eyes just being there, something pretty and sweet and wholesome for me to notice in the chaos of hate we are receiving. But now his oak-bark eyes are fixed on my clan.

"Hello, welcome to the Stark Castle," Tony says, summoning a smile. He can always smile and move on, even if he's dying on the inside. It's part of what makes him so hard to read.

I embrace Wanda, then Scott. I turn to Loki and Brunhild, who look like they would stab me if I hugged them. "Hey. Sorry I left without telling you. It was supposed to be just a quick walk..."

"But then you got shot at, found, and was healed by the famed Iron Man, who you have somehow charmed into making peace with the vampires," Carol finishes. Clint shrugs as if to say he agrees. Bruce, however, is looking around the castle like he's never seen a building before.

"I wouldn't say charmed," I reply, noticing Bruce's face. "Bruce. Bruce. You good?" I ask, patting his shoulder.

"What—yes, i just zoned out and was thinking about the structure of the windows." Tony looks at Bruce, and then waves to a black man resting at a table.

"T'Challa, take him to the masons and then the two women to the sparring field. They should fit in there." Clint holds Scott's hand as Carol, Brunhild, and Bruce follow T'Challa to a side courtyard. I narrow my eyes at the two, subtly signaling to Clint I know exactly what's going on. He blushes and squeezes Scott's hand. Wanda, meanwhile, is asking Tony about any magic users in the area.

"I don't know of any, but there are some old tomes in my library for wizard's apprentices, if you would like to go there," Tony says. He then has Rhodey escort Wanda, Wong, and Loki to the library as he turns to me.

"May I speak with you in private, Stephen?" Tony asks, reaching to touch my hand. I notice again how warm and soft his hands are.

"Of course, what do you need?" I'm rather confused, usually Tony avoids personal contact as much as possible.

"Let's go to my chambers and discuss it, please." I follow Tony, still confused and unsure. When we reach his room, he sits on the edge of the bed and pats the spot next to him. I sit, fiddling with my locket.

"How do you feel about all this? Are you really okay with being the spokesperson for vampire peace? If you want to back out at any point, please, tell me." His words are genuine. He has dropped his fake smile, looked directly into my eyes, and for the first time since I've met him, he looks nervous.

"Tony, I am fine. I think what you're trying to do is wonderful. Don't listen to the screaming crowds, listen to your head and your heart. Are they telling you to keep pushing?" Tony pauses.

"Yes." Is his reply, after a long moment.

"Then, by all means, I'm willing to be a spokesperson."