3.3

Early fall, The Year Of Our Lord 1628
Darkhall, Delanor Lordship, Isle Of Stone, a province of King Edward I
Tony

Stephen leans against me, keeping our hands laced. Victor is talking to Mara and some of the vampire Elders. Stephen looks over in Mara's direction and smiles. "Aunt Mara was like a second Mother to Victor and I. We were Star-eyes and Brightfang, her precious angels. Whenever Mother wasn't feeling well, it was Aunt Mara hunting or watching Donna." He absently touches his locket. I smile, quickly kissing his forehead.

"When we go home, first thing I do is bathe, and then I want to fall asleep cuddling and sleep for maybe a day or two," I sigh, suddenly feeling the fatigue, first from riding, then from fighting Victor. Natasha's death still hasn't settled in, the weight of she's never coming back, she's gone like my mother. Stephen notices my grief, because he slips an arm around my waist and rubs my side.

"Lean on me, sweetie. Since you didn't bring enough horses, I guess I'll hold you in the saddle on the way home." I nod, thinking.

Home.
That's what it is with Stephen there.
Home.

Victor walks back over, grinning. "Mara has officially been recognized as leader of Star Clan by the Elders, meaning I'm free to travel with my baby brother." He ruffles Stephens hair as he speaks. Stephen laughs, ducking away.

"Well then, do we want to get a move on?" I ask after about five minutes of the two chasing each other around. Stephen slows down, still laughing softly. Victor nods. I chuckle as we walk to the horses. Steve carries Natasha's body, tears streaming down his face, and Victor rides with Thor, while Stephen sits behind me. One of his arms finds its way around my waist as he holds the reins with the other.

"You can sleep, sweets. I'll make sure we get back safe and that you get that bath you wanted." Stephen kisses my ear softly as we begin the long trot back home.