chapter 13

Tom quietly approached the dancing crowd of people and quickly found Karina's dancing figure, shaking her hips between an equally shaking duo of Jennifer and Jessica. No one seemed to notice as he squeezed his way through the crowd over to Karina. He quickly put his arm around the unsuspecting girl's waist and pulled her close. She didn't fight him; she didn't even turn around. Tom smirked. Well, dancing the way she was, Karina was probably hoping…no, expecting attention like this anyway…And it was up to him to give it to her.

"Hey, beautiful," Tom growled sensually in her ear.

"Tanner…?" Karina quietly whispered, gently touching her hand to Tom's face.

Tom smirked again. Must be one of those numerous ex boyfriends of hers that everyone's always talking about, he though. "Guess again," he said quietly.

Karina's eyes snapped open and she turned around. When she saw who it was, her face instantly turned red. "I'm sorry!" she said loudly over the music. "I thought you were someone else!"

Time to play the sweet guy, Tom thought. "Don't worry about it," he replied. He turned her around again and began to dance with her once more, his body moving close to her small hourglass figure.

"Hey!" someone said, tapping Tom's shoulder.

Both Karina and Tom turned to see Mark standing behind them. "Where's Jocelyn?" he asked.

Tom shrugged. "Hell if I know," he said. He quickly tried to divert Karina's attention to the music again, and began to move her body along with his.

Karina, however, was reluctant. "Didn't you just go over to see her just now?" she asked, turning to face him.

"Yeah," Tom said. "So?"

"So where is she?" Mark asked.

"Look, I dunno!" Tom exclaimed. "What the hell? We're at a park! And she's not the only one missing from the dance floor right now! What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is I don't trust you around her at all," Mark said darkly, pulling Tom off to the side so that they were away from the rest of the people dancing. Karina followed closely behind, Jessica and Jennifer trailing closely behind. The only people on the dance floor that were still actually dancing and not paying attention to much else were Ben, Lisa, Katherine, Rachel, and Felix.

"Well, boo hoo!" Tom said, annoyed. "It's not my fault you don't trust me around her!"

"Yeah, it is," Mark retorted. "Where is she?"

"How the hell should I know?" Tom asked. "She's probably over wherever the fuck it was that we were at earlier, making out with fucking Mike or whatever, since she didn't want it from me. Fucking whore."

Karina slapped Tom. His hand flew to his face, his jaw dropped in shock.

"Don't you dare call her that," Karina growled.

"Oh yeah," Tom sneered. "I forget; that's your title in this family."

Karina slapped him again, this time against the other cheek. "Fuck you," she said, sticking out her tongue in a childish way.

"Well, what do you want me to say?" Tom asked. "She leads me on, making me think she likes me, and then can't make up her goddamn mind the second that bastard shows up!"

Karina aimed to slap him again, but this time Tom caught her by the wrist, stopping her.

"Hey!" Mark said angrily, pushing Tom away. "You don't touch anyone around here!"