CHAPTER 24

Gabriel stood pacing his room while tugging at his hair in frustration. He had made four holes in the wall and still felt horrendously aggravated.
What had he done?
He was beyond bothered but more angry at his wolf. If he could he would have killed the damn thing but how can one kill a part of them and still want to stay alive for the love of their life?
Is that even possible?
He could feel his wolf whimpering but to hell with it. It was his fault the both of them were going to suffer very very dearly because now Carlisia would be shit load afraid of him, not that he could blame her. She had too much on her plate.
He had never seen her so traumatized like that. Hell, she was sobbing as if he was going to torture her. Poor kitten.
Gabriel dared to give the unconscious girl a side glance but his heart would beat faster from pain. The pain he had caused her. She barely had a heart beat.
The doctor had told him that she was going to be okay but she would need massive time to recover due to the suffocation and internal injuries. They had put her in an induced coma because she was too fragile and that was better for her.
In this way she would wake up completely recovered. But for now she looked like a wreck with tubes attached to her and machines monitoring her.
The beeping of the machines attached to her created a rhythm in the room.
Beep beep beep………
Never ending and irritating.
She also looked as pale as a ghost.
Sometimes Gabriel forgot she was a human. Weak and defenseless. This was the first time in ages he was meeting a human, he forgot how gentle you needed to be with them.
Gabriel’s ears perked up at the sound of angry footsteps approaching the room and no later an angry Ruben slammed the door open his travelling to Carlisia with pain than landing on Gabriel.
“What the hell did you to her!” Ruben shouts but Carlisia was too deep in her slumber to react. Her heartbeat remained as it was. Slow.
“Get out.” Gabriel growls and Ruben snarls at him his eyes changing to a freakish orange. It was extraordinary how every wolf had their unique eye color, the Alpha’s being more dominant.
“I want to know what the hell happened to her and I don’t give a damn if you kill me just because I set your mind right and prevent another thing like this.” Ruben says and Gabriel clenches his fist.
In a split second Gabriel and Ruben were standing face to face glaring at each other before Gabriel punched Ruben on the nose and Ruben laughed as he heard the crack.
“So you manhandled a sixteen year old girl?” Ruben says mockingly while cradling his nose that was bleeding.
Even he was shocked from where that surge of courage came to him but Gabriel couldn’t do Ruben much damage. He was a loyal ass.
“I said, GET. OUT!” Gabriel booms and grabs the lamp beside him chucking it at Ruben who dodges the throw.
“Is that what you did to her too? Chuck a lamp at her poor self!” Ruben says and Gabriel tackles him to the floor punching him repeatedly on the face before Ruben counters and turn them so he was pinning him.
“Look at yourself Gabriel!” Ruben says and  turns Gabriel’s face to the full length mirror on the opposite wall.
Gabriel looked vicious with Rubens blood on him. His eyes were gold and everything about him was inhumane.
“I know your wolf is at its peak because you haven’t mated with Carlisia but you need to control it Gabriel. Our pack is in danger wit us being practically hunted. Three more bodies were found, ripped to shreds by the river where our pack hunt. I know you want her but if you keep doing this all she is going to be is scared of you until she can’t take it anymore. Just give her some space and let her be. She’ll come around.” Ruben says breathing hard and Gabriel blinks. His eyes back to normal as Ruben got off of him and slowly left the room before looking at Carlisia and shaking his head.
Gabriel was up from the floor in seconds as he looked around the room. It was messed up.
Gabriel looks at Carlisia and makes his way to her side.
“I’m sorry.” He mumbles as he brushes her hair out of her face and passionately kisses her forehead.
She doesn’t react. Not one bit. But what could he have expected?
She was a human. Weak as she was and now sporting vicious claw marks on her upper arm and bluish black bruises on her neck.
Bruises given by him.
He can’t control himself anymore and its getting difficult every passing day but he doesn’t want to scare her away either, though he had accomplished that on the peak of everything.
His mind was more than occupied.
Three more bodies found, things didn’t seem good. It was a question how his pack was being hunted so easily. The pack that was indestructible was falling and he cannot let that happen.
Gabriel’s features began to turn cold again as he turned away from Carlisia and made his way to the door, remembering the note that bastard had conveyed to him through Carlisia.
It wasn’t much. Barely ten words but all that there was made his blood boil.
Keep an eye out for that pretty little mate of yours Kane.
-VC

Out of all the things in the world he dare threaten my mate.
He had some guts. Too bad they were going to be sprawled on the ground along with many of his body parts when he was going to be done with him.

                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Sir, he has her in his possession. Do you want us to attack?” The slave says scared while standing in front of his master mahogany desk while the master seated behind it. His back to the slave.
Even though he had done his job quite precisely he was still scared. He remembers what his master did to the other slave who he had sent to bring the girl.
Not only he had went against his orders and hurt the girl but failed to bring her to him which resulted in dire consequences. The master fed him to the dogs while making the rest of the slaves watch with him as he cackled in laughter at the screams and when the slave refrained the master went straight up and ripped his head off making a sickly sound as bluish black glob of sticky liquid poured out like acid.
The slave looked at his master for answer but the master only laughed at Gabriel’s poor attempt to protect his mate.
 Did he honestly think that keeping the girl caged can keep her safe from him?
“No, not at all. Where would be the fun in that?” The master says in his voice laced with dark thoughts of revenge.
The revenge he had waited for centuries.
He turns around now facing the slave and brings the gold glass filled with red wine to his lips and takes a sip thinking of the things he was going to do to Gabriel’s mate when he had her. His reddish brown hair fell over his soulless eyes which were the lightest shade of grey with specks of red to add to his scary aura.
He knew every single detail about the girl. Her past, present and the painful future that was going to be.
He hadn’t seen the girl himself till now nor had he bothered. He didn’t want to ruin the surprise. He liked a little mystery to everything.
“I want you to keep a very close eye on her.” He says in his thick British accent. The accent he was born with in the 18th Century.
“Of course master.” The slave says and bows his head, his long hair falling on either side of him before he closed the door and left.
The master smiled evilly as he got up and made his way to the window cracking his knuckles which were sporting gold rings as he fixed his attire.
It was old for this century. But he preferred it.
His attire consisted of a pair of black pants and a shirt with heavy gold chains in which he also hid many of his daily use weapons of amusing torture.
Knives and the latter.
He drew his gaze out of the window and beyond the thick trees that kept him hidden from Gabriel s and his packs view not that it mattered.
He could finish them with a flick of his wrist but then where would be the amusement? The fun? The pain?
He grinned sinisterly as he recalled his plan. After all the wheels were set in motion.
He just needed the girl and he would hear the melodious sounds of the Alpha withering away. Maybe afterwards he could finish their entire race.
They were an abomination after all. Things like them were not intended to walk on the ground.
Vile, disgusting, animals.
But right now only Alpha Gabriel Kane mattered. The strongest of their kind and his most hated enemy.
Well, the only enemy that still had his head connected to his body.
Gabriel was going to be tortured. Slowly and painfully for what he had done.
And who would do that better than himself, Valentine Carson,
The Vampire Lord