EPILOGUE

Carlisia stood in front of the clearing as they helped the injured and collected bodies of their warriors already preparing for the funerals.
They had tranquillized Gabriel because Carson’s nails had a sort of poison but the doctors had assured her he was going to be okay, a slow recovery, but still okay.
She could hear people weeping and mourning the loss of their friends and family.
Silent tears rolled down Carlisia’s eyes as she looked at the blood stained clearing in front of her.
They had won the war but they had lost many lives. Among those who sacrificed their lives was also Elijah, who was attacked by a group of vampires while securing the safety bunker in which the crippled and children were held.
He died a warrior protecting children, our future.
But that was the thing about wars, people died and you had to live with it after all you can do nothing for the dead however it all came down what you achieved.
Were all those lives worth it?  In their case,Yes, they fulfilled their purpose. They weren’t a waste.
Today they had achieved something much greater than the lives lost.
They had achieved their freedom, their fate, their future and not only that, she had achieved an eternity with her love, her mate, her Gabriel.
They had scars to prove their battle and a story for the generations yet to come but today they had marked a new beginning all as the sun illuminated the sky on a new day of a new year.
Happy New Year.
              The End.