11. peace and quiet

"Just make sure you two don't get caught by Dispatch, or any other news company really." Yongjin warned Jihyo and I as we were both putting on our shoes. As Jihyo promised, we were going out, just the two of us like it was when we were trainees how many years ago. 

"Don't worry, we we'll be careful!" Jihyo exclaimed, looking over at his direction while she grabbed my hand. I waved him goodbye as she opened the door and soon pulled me along with her. 

"Let's just have fun, yeah?" Jihyo looked at me and I nodded, walking with her down the stairs of the apartment building. We reached the underground parking lot and there we walked over to her car. As she stepped in the driver's seat, I sat on passenger seat and I let out a small sigh through my nose as we buckled ourselves in.

"You okay?" She glanced at me as she turned on the car.

"Yeah." I nodded at her and she grinned at me before she turned her focus to the radio, turning it on as well.

"You wanna put some music on?" She asked and I nodded, pulling my phone out and connecting it with the radio through Bluetooth. Throughout the throwback songs that played, Jihyo and I sang along, with most of the songs coming either from Korea or the U.S. I didn't really know where we were headed off to but it was safe to assume that we were going somewhere to eat.

Which I ended up being right about. She pulled up by a sidewalk and when we stepped out, she lead me to a small restaurant to where there was literally no one other than the staff inside. We greeted the man that had been resting at the kitchen and he told us to take a seat wherever we wished and we chose one near the window.

A few minutes later, the man had walked over to us and asked if we were ready to order. We then recited our order to him which included noodles and some pork belly along with a bottle or two of soju. Later, our food came rather quickly since we, again were the only people there and we took our time eating together. 

2012

"So, how were your classes?" I raised the chopsticks to my mouth, slurping up the noodles. I once again was hanging out with Jisoo after school. 

"It's good." She nodded, looking at me. "It's been the same so there's not much to tell you really." She added and I nodded. As I pulled the chopsticks away from my lips after having another mouthful of the noodles, I heard the bell from the door ring but I didn't pay much attention to it. 

"Jisoo! Y/N!" Sunmi had approached us and my eyes widened, almost choking on the water I had sipped. "How's your meal going?" She took a seat beside Jisoo and gave her a nudge to which Jisoo nudged her back, holding in a smile.

"It's really good." Jisoo nodded and I grinned, agreeing with her.

"So, Y/N, I saw that you've been dancing to Fantastic Baby a lot." Sunmi let out a small giggle as she turned to me.

"Y-yeah... I really like that song." I chuckled nervously.

2014

"Why are we here Y/N, I told you I wanted to stay home." Jisoo let out a frustrated groan as I dragged her inside the restaurant. The upcoming group that Jisoo was supposed to debut in, 6Mix had just disbanded a few hours earlier and the one thing I knew I had to do when Jisoo was currently a mess was this. Bring us somewhere we can eat and chat about anything we wanted.

So here we were, in the same restaurant we were in two years ago when she brought me here after I got my math test back and realized I had failed. We had this pact that when one of us were at the brink of a mental breakdown or already having one, we'd bring each other to a place where we both would enjoy and feel safe enough to rant/vent in.