5: What Lies Underneath.

Chapter 5:

"I'm not going."

"Yes you are."

"No I am not."

"Olivia!" Alice stomped her foot and I gave her a pointed look before walking out of my bathroom, this wasn't option that I was willingly to compromise on.

"What?" I opened my closet door. "Can I get dressed in peace or you do you want me to put on a show?"

"Just give him a try." She pleaded with me. "Just one date, it might go well."

"Okay, and what happened to the last three boys you've sent my way hm?"

"Why are you being difficult?" She huffed but she moved over to the left side of my bed, seeing I was trying to move the duvet back so I could slide into my bed on the right side- the furthest away from my door.

"I've told you I don't date, if I need my needs fulfilled I know where to go but if not I lay low." She didn't understand this about me but no one really cared about life stories, favorite color, animal, sport etc. They cared about what they were getting at the end of the night and from me it would be my gun pressed to their throat. Talk about tongue kissing then.

"You can't be single forever Liv."

"Says who?"

"Me! I can't have kids without them having cousins," She folded her arms across her chest. "It's not right."

"Life isn't fair." I turned to my side, "Ethan can assist you with having a cousin factory if you want, he wants little minions too."

She blushed. "It's not the same."

"Oh well."

"I just think-"

We both paused before hearing what sounded like a car door slamming shut, it was confirmed after the two beeping noises to seal the car doors shut was heard.

"Uh.." Alice looked in my direction but I already had reached from my gun that always laid under my pillow. Getting up, I padded the four steps needed to get to my window to peek outside to see a shadow moving where the lantern was hitting him or her.

I flicked my hand twice- to signal Alice to come over- and we both watched another car pull into our driveway and my hand tightened around my gun. "Go alert Ethan.. now!" The only way to get in here was by the keypad and security letting them have access here.

When I turned Alice was nowhere in sight, and I knew she went and followed my orders. Leaving my room, I dropped my left hand from the bottom of my gun to let it hang in my right by my side.

I walked with a sense of urgency. I cut the corner to the hallway that would cover me from plain sight, so I could look downstairs and peeking my head around there wasn't any signs of movement of any unwelcome guest.

I saw a few of our men walking around like everything was exquisitely normal- and it made me question what was going on.

Last time I checked the time it was close to 11 pm so why was everyone still awake? The house would shut down at this time of night because we would have to get up close to 6 to keep everything moving. Sleep wasn't in our vocabulary- when we were down our enemies would lurk.

"Vincent!" I harshly whispered his name and his head flicked up in alarm to see who was talking to him and I came out of my hiding spot to rest my elbows on the stair rail. "Care to tell me what's going on?"

"Boss has a meeting." He grunted out and I raised my eyebrow up at him. "Sorry, they're in the office." The middle age man continued on about his night, taking off his vest along the way after giving me the little knowledge of information he knew.