Hacksaws

Y/N's POV
"Throw me the player." Lawrence ordered almost immediately. Adam hesitated,
"No....You throw me your tape...."
"Look, we're gonna have to work together if we wanna get out of here- Now just throw it to me!"
"I'm not gonna risk breaking it, you throw me your tape!" Now Lawrence was being bossed around and he was NOT happy, but he tossed his tape over.
Adam scrambled down to the floor, he bent down to pick up the tape- he looked like he was in pain but the tape started to play.

"Dr. Gordon, this is your wake-up call. Every day of your working life you have given people the news that they're going to die soon. Now, you will be the cause of death.  Let's say one is an invalid donor. Your aim in this game is to kill Adam. You have until six on the clock to do it. There's a man in the room with you. When there's that much poison in your blood, the only thing left to do -- is shoot yourself. There are ways to win this hidden all around you. Just remember, X marks the spot for the treasure. If you do not kill Adam by six, then Alison and Diana will die, Dr. Gordon... and I'll leave you in this room- to rot. Let the game begin. "

What the fuck? No, no, NO! This can't be happening. This can't be. It's sick and it's twisted and it CAN'T be true. Please....Would this sick fuck really kill an 8 year old girl and her mother? And he calls this a game? Fuck you!

"Y/N? Princess pass me your tape." I nodded in response and threw it over. He put it in and the same monotone voice started talking:

Hello Y/N,
Your sister cares for you. She really does. But you cannot get over her. She is a survivor and an addict. You couldn't save her as she couldn't save her self. You've been given an advantage at life. Amanda had an abusive father, you didn't, you grew up happy. You had a chance to succeed as a doctor, just like your cousin. Instead you chose Adam. Why is that? You're fate lies with Adam's,you've chosen him in most of your life choices, so why not in death? That's is unless...You decide to do something about it.
Live or die Y/N? The choice is yours.

"Amanda..." I barley gave a whisper and Adam gives me a sad look, he'd usually cuddle me before this stage but....

Lawrence stood up, with his hands reached out

"Give me that, put my tape in. Now."
Adam didn't hesitate, quickly putting the tape in and throwing the player to Lawrence.
Surprisingly, he managed to catch it. He started to fast forward it, as if he was trying to hear something.
"Then Alison and Diana will die, Dr Gordon...and I'll leave you in his room-to rot. Let the game begin."
"You have any idea who that is?" Adam asked, him now standing up.
"The hell is this?"
"Wait!" He rewinded the tape again, this time bringing it even closer to his ear.
"What do you think?," he said looking at me,
"Probably a joke right? Tessa probably did this right? She's the sort of person who'd pull this bullshit off right?-"
"Shh, shh!" Lawrence interrupted him, "listen."

"follow your heart...."
It was faint, but I heard it.
"The hell does follow your heart mean- Shit I only knew about that when I met and fell in love with Y/N..." he mumbled the last part and I smiled. So sweet, I love you too Ad.
We started looking around for a heart, I'm guessing.
"There! Right next to you....on the toilet." Lawrence points out. Oh no, oh Jesus! He's gonna hate this.
Adam stumbles to the toilet, "Oh god."
He kneels down, with his hands on the seat, staring into it- Like me- this morning actually.
"Come on, come on!" Adam looks up and glares at him, as if to say; 'are you fucking serious?'
He hesitantly reaches his hand into the toilet, to search. It's disgusting to watch but quite amusing to see Adam suffer....Hehe. He makes gagging noises and coughs every so often.
"Anything?" I ask.
"No solids." I giggle and Adam gives me a playful glare. This isn't a funny situation, why are we doing this?
"Take off the lid, come on!"Lawrence points.
Adam stands up and lid. Of course, of course there's a black trash bag in there. He gives a 'are you serious?' look to it and I wanna giggle, but I won't.
"I really wish I would've checked in there first." Me and Larry give a nervous laugh to that statement, me too Adam, me too.
He pulls out 3 hacksaws out of the bag, he passes me one and we both use our initiative and began trying to cut/saw through the chains.
He coughs and we look up,
"Mind passing me one of those?" Adam sighs and throws him one. When Lawrence looks away, he 'secretly' tosses the trash bag into the bathtub he woke up in. He looks suspicious....What are you hiding Adam?

Once again, we all start sawing. Adam's saw gave in, "FUCK!!!!" I next thing I see is a broken hacksaw crash beside me, followed by a broken piece of glass scatter across the floor. It scares me, but what scares me the most is seeing Adam break down onto the floor, crying his heart out. He looks up at me, almost tear-eyed as he mouths "I'm sorry."
I give him a reassuring smile; "it's okay."
Larry looks over at us, a terrified look on this face as he keeps trying to cut through his chains. I've given up already, these chains are practically invincible, and Larry realises this too. He's sweating and out of breath but has the energy to slightly widen his eyes and lift up the hacksaw closer to his vision, inspecting it. Has he realised something?

"He doesn't want us to cut through our chains....He wants us to cut through our feet. I think I may know who's done this to us..."