Were you protecting me?

((A/N- The picture above is Billy planning Allison Kerry's Trap😂🔪))

Y/N's POV
"Babe what are you thinking about? Y/N, talk to me please..." I look at Adam with tears filling my eyes.
"Tessa,"I let out a whisper and he sighed.
"Y/N, it wasn't your fault, she didn't even tell you what happened to her-she probably didn't want you worrying about her, she loves you."

"I'm her best friend for fuck sake! She knows she can tell me anything. I....I shouted her this morning, she was only trying to help me..."

-FLASHBACK-
"Tessaaa I'm hungryyyy I need bacon and eggs nowwwww!!!" I leaned over the counter, placing my hands on my stomach and giving my best friend the 'puppy eyes'. Playfully rolling her eyes, she wrote down my order and gave it to the chef of the diner she worked at- "You are such a child," she giggled.
"Yep," I popped the p and she just smiled.
"How are you and Adam? Fortunately I haven't seen the camera freak for a while." I rolled my eyes, my best friend and my boyfriend hate each other, how great is that?
"We're great, he's taking a day off tomorrow from the amazing job of spying on people and spending it with me," a hint of sarcasm in my voice is present,
"But enough about me and Adam- I wanna know about you and that cute cop Matt Gibson" I cooed, her blushing in a form of a reply.
"Shut up...We went on one date! One!"

"Excuse me?! And when were you gonna tell me about this 'one date'?!"

"Oh shit," she whispered under her breath, "I was gonna tell you....sometime."

"I hate you so bloody much..." I grumbled, giving her the 'evil' eyes.

We both ended up giggling at each other, then she went over to serve another customer.

I've noticed something about Tessa- Shes been wearing a lot more foundation and concealer than usual (for the past few months). She's either got a huge acne problem or she thinks that Matt Gibson loves the super pale look...Hehe. I probably shouldn't ask her, she's insecure as it is. My stomach starts to rumble and I smile down at my stomach.

"So what are you doing today?" She says coming back towards me, "You can't stay I here all day, you'll drive me mad!"(screw you Tessa!)
I sigh, "Looking for Amanda, what else? Ad's gonna help me tomorrow."Tessa frowned at me, taking my hands into hers.

"Y/N it's been 6 years, her life was threatened. She doesn't want to be found, or she would've came looking for you."
"I just wanna know she's ok Tess, I wouldn't force her to come back into my life, she made her choice to hate me when we were kids."

"She's fine Y/N, I've seen it for myself, she's told me."
"W-What? You've spoken to her?!"
"Oh crap-" She's obviously realised the 'mistake.'
"Crap indeed! When the fuck did you see her?!" My voice was raising, I pulled my hands away from hers and I stood up.
She sighed, a lump forming in her throat.

"I've seen her a couple times- She seems happy Y/N, I told her that you've been looking for her and she wasn't having it. She wants to be left alone!"

"You could've told me!! She's my fucking sister! You know how much I've wanted answers, to make sure she's ok!!!"

"I know you Y/N!! She'd tell you to leave her the fuck alone, that she's happy and you wouldn't believe her!! You'd become obsessed. Y/N I love you and I don't want to see you get hurt I just wanted to protect you-"

"You love me?! If you loved me then you would've told me that my own sister doesn't wanna see me, I would've stopped looking but I would've still cared!! Were you protecting me or were you just being selfish as usual?!"My voice gets louder, people are looking.I don't wanna do something I regret so I grab my bag and start to head towards the door.
"Y/N wait- What about your food?!"
Oh the eggs and bacon, dammit!
"Fuck your food! I hate you!!!"I slam the diner door shut behind me, Ellis is probably gonna ban me for life for that.Dickhead.
I let the tears roll down my face as i start to walk around, I don't know where I'm going but I just want to stay away from Tessa Nathans for a good while.

-FLASHBACK OVER-
"I wanted to stay away from her, but now she's the only person I want to see right now. She was hurting and I didn't notice. My problems were the least of hers- She was only trying to protect me from myself. FUCK!"
I brought myself to my knees, letting the tears fall down my cheeks, Lawrence and Adam staring at me- Lawrence is probably glad now that he wasn't in my life for nearly 7 years, he'd have to put up with my unstable, selfish ass.

"I'm sorry....Im so sorry...."I let out a whisper, my thoughts still engaged on Tessa.