Chapter Three

Percy's POV

He couldn't sleep that night. Every time he closed his eyes he was met with a carven with red skies and black shards as sand. Even in his sleep, Percy could feel the energy draining out of him almost instantly. But that didnt disturb him, it felt like an everyday occurrence that happened every night.

"As long as were together".

He saw those silver eyes again, and that scared him more than that place. He wanted to be besides her, standing in her presence.

Percy woke up with a gasp. He felt hot, like the shirt he was wearing was trying to suffocate him in his sleep. With short gasps he removed his hurt just to be met with numerous of scars of all sizes covering his body like a blanket. Percy couldn't stop the surprised gasp from escaping his lips, some even looked new. Just a couple months old.

He slipped out of bed, quietly walking over to the bathroom which he shared with three boys, Draco Malfoy, Blaise Zabini and Theo Nott. The three were nice enough and so far made him feel welcomed. But he still didn't know how'd they react to his scars, which he had no idea where he got them from.

The dark carven once again slithered it's way into his thoughts and he quickly understood what it meant. Those scars he has were all from there.

With a quick shower that left him refreshed he walked into the the room just to see the three boys up and about, putting on their ties and dress robes. And must Percy say he looked ridiculous, he felt like he was in a dress. And a tie? It felt wierd to wear sruff that doesn't feel comfortable.

During breakfast Percy noticed that the four boys all shared the same type of humour, something that made Percy befriend them almost instantly. Even though Percy doesn't know where he's from, he was certain that he had friends like these. Friends who were more like family.

After receiving yet another glare Percy finally had the nerve to ask them what for.

"We fought on the wrong side of the war last year" Draco admitted. "Even though in the end we did the right thing they still hold a grudge against almost all of slytherin."

Percy felt himself scowl at that. Especially as most of the glares were dictated from a boy with circular glasses, forest green eyes and hair almost like his.

He was never the one to hold grudges.

Percy was the type to forgive but never forget, just in case they try to toy with him once more. The day went by smoothly until he attended his last class of the day, Care of Magical creatures. According to Draco, the professor was an immature, unprofessional man sorry, half-giant and who's extremely dangerous.

At the word giant Percy disliked him almost instantly. Percy doesn't know why but the thought of being that type of mythical creature or even half made him tremble in both anger and fear.

"Welcome back, so uh today we be learnin' about pegasi!" The half giant announced.

Excited murmurs erupted from the group of Slytherins and Gryffindors, Percy felt himself perk up At that sentence.

"Ah, here they come!"

Percy instantly loved them, there was three of them. One beige with white spots, one dark brown and the last a dark shade of black. And Percy was in awe as his wings reminded him of the wings of a raven.

"Hey boss!"

Percy jumped back in shock, his eyes trained on the pegasi all who were staring at him intently.

"Are you talking to me?" Percy asked aloud gaining a few dirty looks from Gryffindors. What were their names? Seamus? And who?

"Who else would I be talking to? The ferret?"

Percy bit back a smirk and walked towards the three pegasi. Ignoring the calls of warning from Professor Hagrid he ran his hands through their manes and Percy must say, they're softer than they look.

The professor looked at Percy with something he couldn't place. "How'd ya do that?"

Percy shrugged. "I have a thing with horses"

He heard some of the students snicker, Draco, Blaise and Theo throwing them glares to stop them from laughing.

"They're actually pegasi" a girl, pavarti patil teased.

Percy rolled his eyes. "Who happens to be part horse. Honestly if you want to tease me the least you can do is know your facts."

Professor Hagrid cleared his throat. "Well forty points to Slytherin for both patting the pegasi and knowing that they are half horse-" Percy raised an eyebrow. "So as I was saying-"

Percy wasn't listening. THe dark pegasus catching his attention omce again. "Yo boss, want me to trample her?"

Percy snorted. "No but ill keep that in mind"

After another hour or so with Hagrid explaining more about the endangered creatures, along with blackjack (which he learnt) gloating around with his head held high, Hagrid announced that it was time to head inside which Percy happily obliged to.

"See ya boss! I'll tell Blondie where you are!"

Blondie?

Percy shook away the thought and followed Draco back to the castle.