Chapter Ten

Reyna's POV

Reyna has never been so dumb as she was that very moment. Why did she allow a man with such beauty distract her from stabbing the monster? Well cause she was idiot that's why.

She remembered his metallic silver eyes and how they bore into her soul, how the shadows literally were being pulled towards him. He was the embodiment of shadows.

He was Erebus.

But why did no one tell her how attractive he was?

He fought her with such grace and skill that she was disarmed in less than a second, he was beautiful in a deadly kind of way. Reyna tried to patch up her pride which he wounded horribly but it was hard for her to do so sitting cross legged in a cell.

Yes she was captured by none other but Erebus.

Bastard.

But that didn't worry her, what made her blood turn was the shadowy figures that floated around the dark cells, the dimly lit candles making them visible. They were transparent and all shaped like a soldiers. Reyna was bursting with questions.

The very top was, why wasn't she dead yet?

And that stayed with her for at least a good ten hours until they came down and got her. A boy with red eyes, he didn't talk just growled and panted. He pushed her forward large double doors, she winced as her right shoulder collided with the door the wound sending a shock of pain throughout her body. She was out hunting on a mini quest when they attacked. They pulled her out her tent, slaughtered five of her comrades leaving another few horribly wounded. She was a horrible leader letting those people die. Her friends.

"Reyna? Is that her?"

Reyna bit back a retort, throwing the obvious goddess a dirty look. Reyna recognized her instantly from what Annabeth told her anyway, the straight black hair with streaks of white, pale skin, just like snow and her eyes a shocking shade of purple. She wore a satin silk dress also black no surprise along with a pair of stilettos.

Nyx was remarkably fashionable for someone so crazy.

She tried not to let her eyes drift to the left knowing damn well that Erebus stood there, besides Nyx's throne. He unnerved her, his presence especially.
"No I'm her twin sister, Lola." She grumbled with an eye roll. She absolutely does not look like a Lola.

"You must be wondering why you're here? Why my uh brother of sorts bought you here?"

Brother of sorts.

Yes, Reyna was perfectly familiar with the stories of which Erebus marries Nyx having two children who were the complete opposite of them. Light and Day, who she hoped were brighter than their parents. No pun intended. But looking at the two immortals, one casually lounging on a throne whilst the other stood to the side with a scowl, they looked anything but friendly with each other. In fact they almost looked like enemies, the hate radiating off Erebus was proof enough.

With her head raised high she looked at Nyx dead in the eyes. "Yes, unfortunately I doubt that I'd like it very much."

Her lips twitched upwards. "I like you, I really do. Seeing someone so young and determined, a female as well, it reminds me of me. Which is why I'm going to let you live."

"But?"

She crossed her legs her silky black dress rippling like a waterfall. "I need one itsy bitsy favor from you. In order to save hundreds of demigods lives, I need two souls in particular, Annabeth Chase and Percy Jackson."

Reynas mouth ran dry but she refused to look weak. "You want me to betray two of my closest friends?"

"Oh please you and that blonde are hardly friends." This time Erebus spike, his metallic grey eyes blaring into her own.

Reyna tried to fight down the blush that threatened to sneak onto her face, knowing damn well what he meant. She admittedly had a small crush on Percy which was crushed almost instantly as he friendzoned her, Reyna despised annabeth for a small time until she realized that they were meant to be. And she was meant to remain single.

"What's in the past is in the past, Annabeth and I are close friends now, I thought in a war with her and id trust her with my life."

Reyna tensed up as Erebus took long swift steps down the black stairs, his combat boots clicking against the marble. "So you'd risk hundreds of lives so two could live?"

"We fought against one primordial before, another two won't scare us."

Nyx looked mildly annoyed whilst Erebus lips twitched upwards slightly. "Fine just kill her and get it over with."

"No I think we should let her live actually, maybe she could warn the little camps, let them say their goodbyes because sooner or later the camps will be overcome with darkness and they'll decompose." Erebus eyed her once more before turning his attention back to the gorgeous woman.

Nyx cocked her head to the side, she shrugged. "Whatever, she won't live much longer anyway."

Reyna was about to give another retort but a stern look from Erebus was all it took for her to shut up. Without warning her, he firmly took ahold of her elbow before flashing away. This was much like shadow traveling, but smoother. Even though she was surrounded by smoke and darkness, her feet was firmly placed on the ground. And as he didn't let go instantly she knew that she wasn't arriving anytime soon.

He rolled his shoulders back, Erebus looked down at her with a frown as if she wasn't worthy of his time. Once again Reyna concentrated on how much she hated him for killing her people instead of ogling over his horrid attractiveness. She tried to snatch her arm away but he had a strong grip.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, unless you want to be lost forever down here."

Reyna stopped struggling giving him a dark look. "What do you want?"

Erebus lips once again twitched upwards, black curls fell over his eyes bouncing as he looked around. "My sister has eyes everywhere but here, this is where I go when I want time alone."

"I'm the shadows?" Reyna questioned with a frown.

Erebus smirked slyly ignoring her question. "This is the only place where I can talk with you without Nyx knowing, long story short kill her."

"What?"

Erebus rolled her eyes. "I don't like her, she ruined my 100th century in a row without any dramas. I'm tired and annoyed, I want to breathe in peace."

Reyna couldn't believe her ears. "You want me to kill Nyx?"

"You Or Percy." Erebus shrugged. "I'm hoping you would, Percy... whilst is capable is extremely stubborn."

Reyna thought for a moment, calming her nerves she looked up at Erebus. "I'll do it."