Chapter 7

Chapter 7

-Katniss's POV-

I plan to visit an old friend of mine back in New York City. I asked Peeta and he agreed to come, I'm also bringing Iris of course.

I learned Iris hates to get dressed, just like me. I put her in a pink shirt that says "if you think I'm cute you should see my mommy."

She cries and I start to just rock her. I pull a jean skirt on her. She stops fussing and I pack up the things and Peeta pulls up. He laughs as he takes Iris. "Your mommy is gorgeous Iris." He says smiling. I want Iris to see me as a more of a mother figure then aunt.

We put Iris in her car seat and I sit up front.

"To New York City!" I say.

Peeta chuckles.

------

We arrive to Madge's house. I knock on her door. She answers. Madge is an old friend, she has blonde hair, tan skin, and blue eyes. "Katniss I thought you were 17 not 26." She laughs.

I laugh and explain everything. "Oh..." She says.

She lets us in and Peeta has our stuff. He puts it away.

I thank him and kiss his cheek handing Iris to him, we haven't had our real kiss yet. I plan to make it special. "Look what I have." Madge smirks.

Oh my god. It's my 13th birthday party. Peeta comes by us and sits on the couch. Madge puts it in.

Madge and I have skinny jeans, tight flora tank tops that end at the top of our belly buttons., and some flats on. Our hair is down to our butts. We are just talking till the song #SELFIE by chainsmokers comes on. We scream and I jump on her back. We run to the dance floor. We do our crazy fast handshake and take out our phones. We do a backtuck and in the middle of our backtuck we take a selfie.

We dance like crazy mouthing the words. At the end of the song we run over to my birthday cake which is 3 quarters already ate. I pick up a chunk and smudge her face with it. She screams and does the same with me. Our parents eventually have to jump in because our cake fight. At the end of the video it shows pictures of my birthday.

Mom and I, my dad and I, Madge and I, Primmy and I, everyone. My favorite is I'm sticking out my tongue, doing peace signs, while my mom kisses my right cheek and my dad kisses my left one.

They passed away when I was 14 almost 15. Prim was 10 almost 11. I smile at the end of the video.

That was the best day of my life.