Chapter 18

Chapter 18

-Katniss's POV-

I wake up with a huge headache. I sit up and see Peeta asleep next to me. I move his bangs from his eyes. He scrunches up his nose and I smile.

I get you of bed and head towards my dresser. I get dressed in a flowy white tank top that has 'MUSIC.' Written on it with little music notes all over it, black booties, and some white jeans.

I out my hair in a ponytail and run downstairs. I make a bowl of cereal and eat it. Peeta comes down stairs in grey sweatpants and no shirt on.

His hair is messy and his eyes tired. I kiss him and he smiles. "You seem tired." I say.

"I'm surprised your not." He says.

I laugh and then I hear a baby cry. "One minute! That's all I ask for Iris!" I whine. Peeta laughs and goes up stairs for me. He brings down a sobbing Iris. I take her and try to calm her down,

Suddenly she burps. I sigh in relief till she throws up on my back. I scream. I put Iris in front of me and she giggles. I make a disgusted face and say "you think it's funny do you?"

She giggles in reply. "Ugh!" I groan. He chuckles at me and I glare at him in return.

She burps again and I point her towards Peeta. She throws up on him and he screams like a little girl. "IRIS! KATNISS!" Peeta yells.

I hand Iris to him and look around. I laugh evilly when I see the security camera. "No..." Peeta warns. I laugh and run upstairs as he yells no. I record the part when Peeta screams like a little girl. I out out the tape and Peeta jumps in front of me. I scream at the suprise attack. He tries to grab it but I slide under his legs. I run to Finnick's house and pound on the door.

He answers, "what's wrong kitty Kat?" Finnick asks.

"You...need...to...watch...this." I say through breathes and laughs. He smirks and takes it. He invites the group over really quick.

He puts it in as we all sit around.

Iris burps and I spin her around quickly. She throws up on Peeta and he screams high pitch. We all are Laughing so hard. Peeta runs in only a towel wrapped around his waist and he is dripping wet. He must of took a shower. "Gimme that tape!" He yells.

"NOOO WAY BREAD BOY!" Johanna says smirking and running away with the tape. Peeta is about to run off to chase her but I jump in front of him. "Maybe some pants first?" I laugh pointing to his towel. He groans and walks back home.

I smile and wave goodbye to everyone. I go home and see Iris in her crib fast asleep and clean. I smile and kiss her cheek. "Peeta is a really good daddy example isn't he?" I whisper. "Daddy." She whispers still asleep. I smile and go back to my dresser.

I slip out of my vomit filled clothes. I just put my hair in a messy bun, put on ripped jean shorts, a black tank top, a grey shirt that has a white peace sign on it, and some fey converses.

-I suggest listening to jar of hearts by Christina Perri for this half-

I go over to Iris's crib to see her struggling to breathe. I grab her and try to wake her up. Her bright blue eyes fly open and fill with fear. I wrap her in a blanket and run outside. I see Delly walking on the sidewalk.

"Ooh hey Kat-" she starts but stops when I run pass her, I have tears streaming down my face as I clutch on to Iris.

I finally run to the hospital. "Miss-" the doctor says but I cut him off "my baby isn't breathing!" I sob out loud. He takes her quickly and runs to the hospital room. I fall on my knees and cry my heart out. "Please be okay." I sob.

"Miss? Do you want to call someone?" The nurse asks politely. I nod and she takes my hand, helpi me up. I quietly thank her and go to the phone. I dial Peeta's number.

-Peeta's POV-

In the middle of my brothers and I wrestling my phone rings. It plays All of Me by john legend so Kat is calling. My brothers groan and I say "shut it!"

I take a look at her photo which is her smiling as I kiss her cheek. I smile and answer.

"Hello?" I say.

"P-P-Peeta it's I-I-Iris." She cries.

"What happened?!" I ask frantically.

She takes a deep breathe to calm her and explains "I went to her crib and say her struggling for breathe. I picked her up and try to wake her up. Her eyes flew up but she still couldn't breathe. The doctor took her and I don't know what they are going to do! Peeta I'm scared!" She says still crying.

"I'm coming just stay there." I say and hang up.

My brothers make kissing noises but I yell "STOP IT!"

"Dude what's wrong!" Josh yells.

"Iris isn't breathing." I say and run out the door.

I run to my car and start driving. I make it to the hospital. I walk to the waiting room and see Katniss in the corner. She throws her phone at a wall and sobs into her legs.

I pick her up and sit in a seat with her. "I'm so sorry Aster. I'm so so sorry." She keeps whispering.

The doctor comes in and says "she's fine, something caught in her throat and she couldn't breathe."

Katniss takes a sigh of relief, "can I see her?" She asks.

He nods and Katniss jumps out of my arms and runs to the room. I walk to the room and see a smiling Iris. "Dadda! Mwomma!" She says. Katniss smiles with tears in her eyes and rocks Iris back and forth.

"I love you so much Iris. So so much." She says and kisses her forehead.

Iris is okay.