IV

(Few months later)

"I think I'm having contractions..."

Zy said calmly while I was half asleep, it made me jump out of bed and hurriedly carried her out of the bed and into the car.

Our family car already has the hospital bag we need because we know that anytime she'll give birth to our baby girl...

"Oh my god Ej! Stop panicking!"

She exclaimed as I rush through the garage.

"Mildred! Keys!"

I demanded to my secretary who's still half asleep and yes, she's still my secretary. Luckily we managed to fly her sons here in Europe, it was supposed to be 3 years from now but I asked my friends to help us so the process would be fast.

She's living with us since I need her 24/7 especially when I work from home when I don't feel like going to the company. Her sons has a place of their own, so they could be comfortable. I offered them to stay here with us, so they could be with their mother all the time but Mildred refused. Since my company has a 'no work weekend' policy she often spend her weekends with her children.

Mildred opened the car for me, as I gently lay my wife. She's pretty calm given the circumstance, I really admire this woman.

"You know you don't need to act like that right?"

She stopped and continued...

"We have classes right?"

I was preoccupied by fixing her seatbelt and mine, that I didn't really catch up about what she's saying...

But I heard the word classes, maybe she's pertaining to the classes we have attended about pregnancy and how the husband must be calm when the wife is experiencing contractions.

Fuck that! I can't stay calm not if my wife is hurting...

"I'll call Dr. Sullivan."

She picked up her phone and dialled our doctors number, she delivered the boys and she will deliver our princess. We trust her expertise. I was so focused on driving that I couldn't really make up what Zy's talking about. I'm more panicked than her, I know that.

-

She already had her epidural which makes the half of her body numb and she won't feel her contractions. She's very calm now.

"I'm going to face time the boys."

It's already 6 am and I know that they're awake already. They usually wake up at 6 and prepare for their school because it's starts at 8.

"Mom is already at the hospital."

I announced as their nanny hold the phone for them, I flipped the camera to their mom and she waved hello at them.

"Mom is it painful?"
"Are we going to see the baby now?"
"Mom where are you? Why are you wearing that crazy looking thing?"

They asked at the same time...

"Okay boys, one question at a time okay?"

I reminded them as their mom answered each of their questions. They're so cute trying to squeeze in together so all of them are seen in the screen.

I couldn't help but to chuckle as they struggle to fit in the frame.

"Alright we gotta go, be good at school okay? We love you!"

"Alright dad! We love you too!"

-

I can't help but to tear up a little bit witnessing how amazing the miracle of life is...

I kissed Zy after one last push, she's been struggling for so many hours, finally.

She's here.

Our daughter, Yosra Bevin

I'm so happy that I get to be the father of this beautiful human being.