Part 9

A sudden bang! lifted into the air, causing me to look the way where I had heard the sound, although I was already aware of what it was. The Colossal Titan stood at the font of Trost, his shoulders and head popping over the top of the wall. I could see small figures flying around the huge titan, one aiming to go around it as the muscle only titan swiped at the top of the wall, sweeping off any humans and weaponry that could have been used against the titans. It took little to no time for the titan to disappear. There were a couple of screams resounding throughout the area, but I couldn't bother to join into their fear.

I just stood on the ground, staring at the wall which now had a hole where the gate had once stood. Titans were already crawling through the opening, many moving quickly as they festered on the smell of humans.

Some of my teammates in this little group were starting to panic, saying that this was just like the fall of Shiganshina, I agreed, even if only slightly. The same thing was going to happen, the walls would fall and people would die. Everyone would die. All because of me and the other titan-shifters.

Quickly Reiner took charge and told everyone to assemble at the base inside of Trost, telling everyone to get there quickly and be ready for any rules and or instructions that would be given.

The omnidirectional mobility gear was strapped to my being in buckles and everything else, the heavy metal boxes sitting on my hips, the blades all in their slots, my handles in my hands. I had trained for this. I was going to get another chance to kill everyone again, but this time not so many. The Armored Titan and Mind Titan were not to make an entrance in the fall as of right now. We would watch how it goes for a good time before starting our own fight.

Before I knew I was in lines with other cadets, saluting the captain who seemed afraid, scared. He didn't look really all too excited that titans were once again coming into the walls with one fatal kick.

Everyone was divided up into teams, I was placed on a team with Reiner again, go figure, with Jean, Connie, Marco, and with some other cadets that didn't matter. I refused to look at Jean. He knew what I was. He had told everyone else what I was. I wasn't mad at him, no it wasn't fair to be mad at someone who only speaks the truth. The best way to describe my feelings towards the boy was probably fear, or even caution. He had told me that he wanted to watch me get eaten by a titan.

Then there was Marco. I refused to even look in his general direction. I wanted to confess all of my sins to him and to tell him that I was sorry and all of that, but I couldn't. I knew he would just push me away even further, so I sat still, waiting for someone to take charge for our team, as to see to it that we don't get killed by the titans.

Jean led our team of people, taking us high onto the red rooftops of Trost. There were a lot of other people already waiting on the tops, some friends, some allies, some scared out of their minds. All of them had one or two things in common. A lot of them were scared. And...

A lot of them were going to die.

People started to get called up to go fight those titans that roamed Trost like it was originally their home.

Finally, we were deported in. Jean led our team towards the Titan zone whilst muttering how stupid this was and that he wasn't going to even get a chance to hide away in the interior. I wouldn't let him die though, because, he was the best friend of Marco, and Marco deserved to have someone by his side.

Marco wasn't dying either. Not on my watch. He still had to make it to the interior too. He had to live, or else I really wouldn't have a reason to. If a titan attacked Marco I would attack, harder, faster. I didn't care if I showed the world me in my titan form. My old friends weren't going to die.