Architect Son

Flashback (Chaeyoung's POV)

Chaeyoung: well mine is at 8 so I'm gonna go now. Wash the dishes after you finish ok? Bye.
Momo: hey!!!
**at the firm
Manager: Architect Son. Please come to my office
Chaeyoung: yes sir
Manager: you must have heard about our first project abroad.
Chaeyoung: uhm yeah but I have no idea about the project
Manager: well it's a big project. And the firm wants to assign this one to our top architects. Are you ok to go abroad?
Chaeyoung: huh? Wait you're talking about me? I'm the top architect?
Manager: haha you're funny. So? Are you ok to go?
Chaeyoung: where is this project?
Manager: Hawaii
Chaeyoung: woah. Uhm.
Manager: it's our first hotel project abroad. The project manager gave us 6 months to 1 year to complete the project. So are you in?
Chaeyoung: can you give me time to think?
Manager: well there is no time actually. The flight is tomorrow night.
Chaeyoung: give me until this afternoon. I'll let you know my decision
Manager: ok
**Chaeyoung is hesitant to go abroad. Hawaii is too far from home, too far from Mina. So she decided to ask for advice from Mina over lunch.
*************************************************
Mina: i think your lunch break is over. You should go back to your work. I'm going back now to the apartment and get ready for my flight tomorrow.
Chaeyoung: Mina!
Mina: bye Chaeyoung!
**Chaeyoung went back to work.
Chaeyoung: boss. Count me in for the Hawaii project
Manager: good 👍🏼
*************************************************
**after washing up.  Chaeyoung felt much better. She wasn't that drunk to begin with. She sat on her bed contemplating whether to tell everyone or not that she's leaving tomorrow....
Momo: hey good morning
Chaeyoung: morning
Momo: no hungover?
Chaeyoung: nope. I'm fine.
Momo: isn't Tzuyu coming home today?
Chaeyoung: yeah her flight is at 6pm
Momo: are we going to pick her up?
**Chaeyoung wanted to tell her the truth. That she can't come because her flight is also this afternoon
Chaeyoung: I don't think I can. I have a meeting scheduled this afternoon
Momo: Ok I'll just pick her up. Anyways I have an early class today. I'll go ahead. Wash the dishes after you finish ok?
Chaeyoung: haha ok fine. Have fun at work
Momo: 🤨 you too.
**after Momo left, Chaeyoung packed her things. She also made a letter address to her housemates telling them that she'll be taking a project abroad and will be back after the project is finished . She didn't mention where the project is and no specific date when she'll be back. After she finished packing for her business trip. Chaeyoung went to work.
Manager: are you excited for your flight?
Chaeyoung: wait. You're not coming with me.
Manager: kid I have a family here. I cannot leave them for that long. You can do it. I'm rooting for you.
Chaeyoung: haha ok sir.
Manager: make this project a success, you have my word. I'll recommend you for a promotion.
Chaeyoung: noted sir and thank you.
**Meanwhile
Tzuyu: hey my plane just landed in Incheon. Where are you girls?
Momo: I'm here waiting at the arrival hall.
Tzuyu: ok I see you.
Momo: hey. How's your flight
Tzuyu: exhausting. Where's Chaeyoung?
Momo: she said she has a meeting this afternoon
Tzuyu: oh ok. Let's go home. I'm tired.
**after entering their house. They saw Chaeyoung's letter attached to the fridge.
Momo: what's this?
**after reading the letter Tzuyu immediately called Chaeyoung. But she's not answering her call.
Tzuyu: did something happen while I'm away? She's not answering her phone.
Momo: I'm calling Nayeon unnie.