TF: Chapter One

The Faceless: Welcome to Paris where romanc -- HELL took place.

WHAT THE HECK..?

As I stared longer at the painting that stood too proud, I can't help my blood but to boil and shoot up, making my usually calm self act so vicious.

That damn Mina Myoui!

I took the painting that once hang on the wall of Louvre Museum, before throwing it down the ground, hard. My shoe clad foot followed after, smacking the painting and ruining it just as I want.

"Son Chaeyoung!"

I can hear my couch's voice somewhere. But my attention were purely on the painting that seems to mock me. Mina doesn't deserve to paint me. She has no right to paint me!

"Let go!" angrier than before, I pushed back the other IPC contestants who were trying to blocked my way. I picked up the painting, smashed it down the ground once more, resulting for some of the pieces from the frame to scatter around the ground. When I was satisfied, I stood straighter, my eyes meeting everyone's shocked and pointed glares.

AND..

.. that's how I ended up in jail.

"Name?" A man from his 50's asked me, voice gruffed, low and raspy.

"Son Chaeyoung," I replied quitely, the exact opposite of my tone earlier.

I admit it. I have gone overboard with destroying the painting. But I can't blame myself. I was mad, and the temptation was just too high to conceal. Mina should have never painted me in the first place. This is all her fault.

"Your age?" The police officer continued asking me in italian. I can barely speak the language but understand a bit of what he's saying.

"21," I answered and sunk deeper into the cold stainless chair. The realization that I may have to stay in jail for years, dawned in me like a fast falling meteor. Strucking me, shredding me into pieces. It's a horrible anology but that's exactly what I'm feeling as of right now. Horrified.

"Why did you do it? What's your motive for destroying Mina Myoui's painting? Who are you working with?"

"I came for the International Painting Competition," I muttered, setting the record straight as for them to not think I was paid or this was some kind of rebellion againts Mina, because it's not. "And I destroyed her painting because she painted me without my permission, that's all."

His eyes barely blinked. "Elaborate."

I sighed, "The girl on her painting, it was me. Wearing blue and white dress with a rose. Mina, that woman painted me without my permisson and that's very offensive on my part. I have the right to be mad about it."

"As far as I know, the artist left the face details a blank. So, how can you say it's you, Ms. Son?"

"The dress. I wore that dress to my date six months ago." And it's obvious that's its me. Like, hello? How can't I recognize my own self.

"Six months ago? But Mina Myoui's last painting has been in the art museum for two years."

"Impossible." I shook my head. "I can prove it -"

"Hold up," his phone rung, cutting me off. "Hello? Yes? Wait, are you sure? How can she let this girl go without punishment? Fine, whatever, bye." With a shake of his head, the officer turned to look at me with a tighten jaw. "Lucky for you Miss Myoui won't press any charges. You're free to get the hell out of here after you sign the papers. Just make sure I won't see you again or else."

Or else? Jail time? Tsk.

I hid a sighed of relief and took the papers from his hands. Finally, the luck seems to be sticking on my side these days.