TF: Chapter Eight

Love/Hate
-

"Te amo."

"What?"

Instead of answering me, Mina turned with her hand on my pulse. "Let's eat. You don't want the food to get cold."

"But --" I was pulled into the kitchen. And before I could open my mouth to ask what te amo means again, Mina stuck a piece of chicken into my mouth, successfully shutting me up.

I hurried to chew it before glaring. "Te amo to you too. Whatever that means." I'm sure it's probably a 'f*ck you' in another language.

Mina laughed before she sat on the counter and got busy with her own food. I sat in the opposite chair of hers so we were facing, and bit another piece of chicken. It's sweet and sour. I like it.

It was silent for a whole minute until Mina spoke, breaking my peace.

"Te amo, Chaeyoung," it was almost a whisper.

I looked up from my plate and raised my middle finger - yeah, I know I'm blunt sometimes. "Te amo to you too, Minari."

"Oh my god, I love this side of you."

I scoffed. "Stop smiling and eat. You don't want the food to get cold, do you?" I mimicked what she said earlier earning another laugh from her.

"Okay, Ma'am."

Tsk!

Two hours later, I found myself watching as Mina strummed her guitar. She let out a smile before singing and expertly moved her fingers along the chords.

Never mind all the fakes
cause what's standing with you is real

Never mind the past
I'll make it up to you whenever

Stay with me
and smile like yesterday
Love like you mean it
Cause I love you so damn much
It hurts, I admit it

So kiss me, kiss me

Never mind all the fakes

and love me, love me.

Mina's hypnotizing voice filled the room, making me shiver, making me feel in awe. How talented can she be? She can paint, sing, play guitar and she can make my heart beat in chaos. Her singing voice has always been my weakness. And it still is now.

She cleared her throat, ending the song. "How was I?" she asked.

Amazing as usual.

"Decent," I lied, shrugging, avoiding her curious stares. I'm not giving her that satisfaction to know I love her voice. She will only gloat and teast me about endlessly.

"Someday I'm going to make you say you love my singing, Chaeyoung."

"Whatever," I hid a smirk. Oh, I already love your voice, Minari.

She shook her head and then smiled. "Now, come here."

"What?"

Her hand grasped around my wrist, pulling me down on the bed, just next to her. My back to her front, her chest to my back. Too close for my own comfort. "I'm going to teach you how to play guitar. Why not, right?" she said, her breath tickling my ear.

I struggled to find my voice. I hate how I become a nervous wreck when we get this close. It just doesn't make sense!

"Maybe some other time," I distanced myself from her, sitting just far enough. "We should sleep, we have to wake up early for our flight tomorrow morning."