TF: Chapter Five

The Faceless: I can see your future part 2.
-

"You can see the future? What's that suppose to mean?"

"Two years ago, I predicted you out on a date with Dahyun," Mina answered, looking at me with so much intense and judgement that I could only stare back with a raise of my brow. "But I've come to only realize that when we meet yesterday," she continued. "Cause after that, I dreamed of you and Dahyun again. This time though, as clear as the blue sky, I was finally able to see your face."

I took a deep breath. "Maybe my mom told your mom and Mrs. Myoui told you?" It's possible. Our family used to be so close. "I'm not going to fall for this prank or joke, Mina."

No. What she'd just said is impossible. I've only watch those kind of thing in movies or read those in books. Who does Mina thinks she is? A witch or something?

"Sooner or later you will believe me," Mina insisted, folding her arms around her chest, eyes leaving mine.

"Well then, prove it." I demanded and stood up from my seat. I watched Mina's every move. The way her eyes flutter openend and stared at me, the way she also stood up and stood too close that we practically breath the same air.

"You're going to lose this year's IPC," she whispered.

"W-what?" I shook my head. "Hey! Don't joke around like that, Mina. You know winning at the IPC means alot to me." How could she!

"I want you to prepare yourself, Chaeyoung," Mina fixed something from my hair. I glared harder. "We can't always have everything we want."

"Screw you," I slapped her hand away. If she's just going to dampen my mood, I rather have my goodnight sleep much earlier than planned. "I'm going to win. You just watch," I hissed and left her standing at the balcony.

I made my way towards her bedroom and winced as the painkiller I took a couple hours ago wore off. Shit. I made another step and grabbed for the door knob, turning -

"Chaeyoung, don't force yourself."

I don't know if Mina's talking about the competition or me being in pain, but I ignore her until I was safe inside her room. "You're sleeping in the living room tonight!" With that, I slammed the door shut.

The next morning, I woke up too early. The sun has yet to rise. The bird's chirping, absent. It was a complete silence except for then wind breeze. I wrapped the thick blanket around my body to protect myself from the cold and headed for the balcony, sighing to myself.

The river up ahead looks so inviting. Should I take a short dip?

Will Mina let me?

Oh heck? Who cares what she thinks!

I reached for my phone as it rings againts my short and answered without even glancing at the caller. "Hello?"

"Honey?"

"Mom?" It's been only three days since my Mom and I's last talk but the urge to cry is too hard to control. "I missed you!" I gulped, blinking the unstoppable tears as they fell down my cheeks.

"I heard you won?" Mom's voice was calm. So gentle. So mother-like. I missed it.

"Yes, at the semi final," I smiled. "And don't worry mom, I will win at the final for sure."