SOUL TIES ; arreaga & mara

1.6k words
⚠️none

you ascan't forget what we had,
you can't ignore what we have.

"baby girllll." star moved around in her sleep, trying to get comfortable as brandon began to coo at her. she opened her eyes and saw him in her face, probably smiling at her. if the room was lighter she could probably tell better. "babyyyy, wake up!"

"star, c'mon."

"i know you're not sleep sleep because you're not snoring."

"boo bear, wakey wakey, asses shakey."

star let out an abrupt laugh at the last one.

"what do you want?" star asked, keeping her eyes shut and snuggling deeper into the blanket, only for brandon to pull it down, exposing her arm to the cool air. "stop. i want to sleep." brandon quickly protested to her whining, moving his body closer to hers. "no, stay up with me. i want to have a movie date." he started poking at her cheek, getting her to glare at him even though he couldn't really see her.

"brandon michael lee it is..." star trailed off as she looked to the digital clock on his dresser. "1 in the morning. have you lost your mind? what movie could you possibly want to watch?" he shrugged, turning his back to her so he could reach the remote. he turned the tv on, creating a bright white light that had her under the blanket in seconds. "fuck, that was bright." star heard him mumble.

"b, it's past midnight." he sighed at star's complaint, a pout forming on his lips. "i know i know. i just wanted to do something cute witchu. i'm going on the road in like what, two weeks?...i wanted to spend as much time as possible with you before rehearsals and shit start interfering. my bad, baby. go back to sleep." he kissed her forehead, turning off the television.

well great, now she felt like an asshole.

"brandon no, it's just..." she was trying find the words to say but couldn't. yes, star wanted to sleep; but he just wanted to spend time with her before he leaves for four months. who could deny their boyfriend/girlfriend that?

instead of talking, star moved her face closer to his and kissed him, feeling him kiss her back. "you're sweet, you know that?" she pulled away, her thumb moving against his cheek. he hummed in response, placing his hand on top of hers. she sighed, realizing she wasn't going back to sleep anytime soon. he won.

"you pick the movies and i'll go get the snacks, okay?" brandon clapped, turning back on the tv. star laughed at the sight of the smile on his face. he looked like a kid who just got what he wanted for christmas. he nodded, giving her a quick kiss before she got out the bed. "red vines please!" he called out as she left the room.

she made way to the kitchen, stretching as she now felt the sleep leave her body. leave it to brandon to completely change what she had planned.

star grabbed a pack of popcorn from the cupboard and put it in the microwave, putting in the numbers and going to grab some of the candy from the pantry.

"movie date, huh?" she heard a voice from behind and froze as she was about to reach the pack of red vines. she turned around, seeing him by the fridge.

nick.

"what are you—." "—doing here? c'mon star, i live here." he walked over to the microwave, which had gone off a minute ago, and took the popcorn out. "right." she mumbled, turning back around and grabbing the red vines, trying hard to ignore his presence.