ON TOP II ; kuwonu

2.8k words
⚠️violence, swearing

it had to end,
but why like this?

"what i don't understand is why he continues to move like his life isn't malleable!" kyanna nodded at the words of her leader, ezekiel, continuing to sharpen her second knife. he had been going on a rant about zion for the last half hour to the crew; the young man's capabilities clearly getting to him.

ky had her black mask covering the lower half of her face, hiding the smirk that appeared on her lips. her man's capabilities were clearly getting to him.

"he's ruthless, e. never seen anything like it. i mean look what he did to aaron! he's out for months!" edwin, one of ezekiel's bitch boys, spoke up as he leaned against the column to the far right.  "he has no weak spots. no one he chooses to live for." edwin continued, baffled at the mercilessness of zion.

"everyone lives for someone." duncan, another bitch boy, added in. ky side eyed him, catching the way he stared at her. as if he were speaking to her. or in reference to her. she couldn't tell, deciding not to address it and go back to sharpening her fourth knife.

"then find out who his someone is. i will not lose my territory to some lanky, bush-headed teenager!" ezekiel slammed his fist onto his table, an aggravated look painted on his face. "got it." duncan replied nonchalantly, taking his exit.

"you been awfully quiet over there, blades." kyanna turned her head to the voice, seeing twig stare at her. she squinted, her eyes sending daggers his way. "she's been focused, as the rest of you should be." ezekiel chimed in, eyeing the way kyanna gripped the handle of her pocketknife. "she could be, or her shit could be double sided."

"say that again, bitch?" ky spoke up, her attitude at a full ten. she was already hating this whole ordeal, so his snide comment was not helping. twig got up from his seat and moved towards her, moving with arrogance and pompous.

"i said, maybe you're in two kool-aids at once, confusing the flavors." as soon as he was in arms reach, kyanna shot up and pointed her blade, the tip of her knife grazing his adam's apple. he stepped back, but ended up hitting the column that was near and being trapped.  "say. it. again." she pushed the knife closer, it now poking him. his eyes widened and looked to ezekiel, sending him a silent plea.

"yanna! ease up!" ezekiel yelled, fed up with the way his people were acting. ky looked at him, nodding and lowering her knife. "imply that you know my shit like that again and i won't hesitate to send you to your mom piece by piece." she sat back down, wiping off the bit of blood on the blade and moving to sharpen the sixth one. twig clutched his throat, quickly leaving the room to tend to his wound.

"yanna..." ky cringed at the name, scowling under her mask. she looked up at ezekiel, who directed her to the opposite door. she scoffed, throwing her knife down and making way, silently cussing him out.

what she would give to end him.

_____

it was time.

the sun had set and been replaced with the night sky, the lights of the boardwalk illuminating the ground ezekiel and his people walked on. kyanna felt a rush of nostalgia as she looked out at the water; memories of her and zion meeting up flooding her brain.