HEART ON DISPLAY ; honoret

1.7k words
⚠️light swearing

my heart's out in the open,
waiting for you to come back and claim it.

tonight was a big night. tonight, edwin would truly be exposed. he sat on the bench, staring at the white wall, accessorized with pictures of his work. tonight was his first art exhibit and it was safe to say his anxiety was through the roof.

"this looks amazing, babe." katrina, his new girlfriend spoke up, taking a seat next to him. she leaned her head on his shoulder, watching the black sheet that draped over his big piece. it was his finale and the thing that had him the most nervous about this whole exhibit.

"thanks." he mumbled, his hands joining and moving up to his lips. katrina ran her hand down his back, rubbing it in small circles. "you're going to do great, don't worry. i'm going to go home and change, okay?" edwin nodded and turned his head, his lips meeting hers in a short kiss. no passion, no suspense; just a quick touch of lips to wish her goodbye.

he watched her get up and fix her plaid skirt, grab her purse from the floor and head toward the exit. his eyes moved back to look at his work in the square room; watching his sculptures on the stands, his paintings on the wall and his sketches on the table. it was as if he was looking at himself.

"holy fuck." he put his face into his hands, nervous as fuck for what was to come.

__

it was here. his opening exhibit. edwin stood in the room, looking around at the many people either looking or discussing his art. he had been having conversations with some of them here and there about his work, not wanting to be overbearing about it and question everyone about everything. katrina stood next to him, smiling at the many people that took admiration into his work. "ed! this is amazing!" she whisper-yelled, shaking his hand. she was more excited than he was, physically.

"excuse me, you're the artist, right?" a dude came up to edwin, a look of curiosity on his face. he was taller than him, his hair braided back into a bun. he wore somewhat thick, black rimmed glasses, a black sweatshirt with a jean jacket over to match his denim jeans. he had on a pair of white balenciagas, similar to the ones edwin wore tonight. edwin was impressed; the dude was attractive and could dress.

"yeah, i'm edwin

"yeah, i'm edwin. nice to meet you." he shook his hand, smiling up at the dude. "toni and the pleasure is all mine. your art is phenomenal." edwin smiled, a warm feeling going to his chest. it was nice to be complimented. "thank you so much. it means a lot." "no problem. i came to ask you about the sculpture of the man holding the boulder with all the words inside it?" edwin nodded, "weight of the world. what about it?"