Chapter Seven

Ava's POV

There I was, early morning, drinking coffee, looking out the window of my new glass house in south London, in some suburb for the rich. For someone who liked to hide away, I was surprised that I picked something so open, but it's not like anyone could see me from outside during the day.

My phone gave a buzz, and I left it not a second to do it again.

"Hey, John," I answered.

"Where the hell have you been?"

"On a well needed holiday."

"I take it that this is Jay's doing?"

"Incorrect." I took a sip of my cinnamon flavored coffee. "We've cut ties between each other."

"Please tell me you're joking."

"It's for the best."

"Whatever you consider to be for the best never is. No wonder he wouldn't pick up when I called."

"Why are you calling him?"

"We had a double date set up, remember?"

"Why are you such a pain?"

"I really shipped you guys. Jayva was my OTP."

"Huh?"

"Nothing. I'm just on Tumblr way too much.

"Since you obviously don't want to hop on that D, why don't you hang with Ari and myself, anyway?"

"Today?"

"Yeah."

"I can't."

"You don't have much of a social life, so what do you mean you can't?"

"I've bought a house, which I'm currently hauling furniture into."

"When were you going to decide to tell me this?"

I sighed. "Could we talk about this later? I'll tell you everything you've missed out on. I promise."

"Alright. If you say so."

"Bye, John. Love ya."

"Love you too."

"Who's John?" Lionel asked from behind me. I turned to him and said, "A friend."

"Ah. Came down to say that the boys and I have finished putting up your bed frame. They're currently working on the dresser."

"Thanks."

"No need for that. I'm famished, so how about I go and pick up some Chinese. Have a dish in mind."

"Pork dumplings. I could live off of that."

He chuckled. "As you wish. Keep an eye on the boys while I'm gone. We don't need'em slacking off."

"Not a problem. I need this place to feel like home, fast."

"Don't you worry about that." He waved me off and walked out.

Jay's POV

Nathan and I were walking about and decided to go shop for some trainers. We were nearing a Foot Locker when two big, tall men with blacked out suits appeared in front of us. One stood across from Nathan, and another across from me. He peered down at me with fearsome eyes, then a smirk set on his face.

"Jay McGuiness?"

"I'm assuming you're not a fan?"

"Do you want to see your precious Ava again?"