Chapter Three

Ava's POV

I stretched my arms out while I yawned and felt a thud. I fluttered my eyes open and saw Jay grimacing with his hand covering his nose along with his mouth. "Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry" I apologized feeling like an idiot. Jay chuckled. "It's alright" I managed to hear him say. Everything after was just a muffled sound.

I looked at him in confusion causing him to chuckle some more. He removed his hand and wiggled his nose. "I said it's cute how you worry about things, and to add onto that, you look adorable when you're confused." I rolled my eyes at him causing him to give out an actual laugh.

I sat myself up and completed my stretching. "How'd I end up here again?" I asked not remembering a thing from yesterday. Jay sat up and stared down at the sheets while fidgeting with his thumbs. "You forgot?...Your friend... Angelica... you found he-"

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed in a whisper. Once he mentioned her name, the memories of yesterday came rushing back into my mind. I dropped my head and squeezed my eyes shut trying to hold back my tears.

I loathe crying. It makes me feel weak and disoriented. I'm not a weak person, nor do I need anyone thinking so. My life is already disoriented enough; I don't need my emotions making it worse.

"It's okay to cry" Jay said softly. "It's better to let you're feelings out then to keep them bottled up inside. It won't do you any good. I've been telling you this since years back, and your response has always been 'I don't want to ruin my rep'." He imitated me with a horrible screechy and girlie voice.

I giggled feeling a little better. I lifted my head and took a deep breath in. I opened my eyes and looked towards him. "Thanks for being there for me yesterday, although you didn't have much of choice. Next time, don't follow me. Now all of the neighbors know  that I know you."

"Sorry about that."

"It's ok."I sighed. "My neighbors are some nosey bastards" I mumbled. "Got an extra toothbrush?"

"Yeah. Walk into my bathroom and check the medicine cabinet. I'll bring you a towel."

"Alright. Once again, thanks for everything Jay."

"Anytime" he replied with a grin.

I removed myself from the bed and slowly made my way into the bathroom. I closed the door and turned on the light. I walked over to the sink and turned on the water. I cupped my hands and let the water fall into them. I then splattered it onto my face.

I looked up into the mirror. What do I do now? I can't go walking around my neighborhood and I can't stay here either. I'm not good for Jay. His world is different from mine. If they merge together, all hell would break lose. But then again, my secrets out. What world have I got now?

After brushing my teeth I hopped into the shower. I made the water as hot as it could possibly be and just stood there letting my body admire the warmth with my eyes closed. I heard the door open. Jay turned on the sink and began brushing his teeth.

I finished showering and turned off the water. I poked my arm out from behind the shower curtain and let it wander around until I could find a towel from the towel rack. I didn't feel one. I stretched my arm out some more and ended up falling down to the bathroom floor with the curtain.

I yelped from the pain my bum endured. My eyes popped out of their sockets when I saw that the person who was in the bathroom wasn't Jay; it was his band mate. He stared at me shocked with his tooth brush hanging from his mouth and the toothpaste foam dripping from it. He quickly removed the toothbrush and placed it onto the counter top.