Lifesaver

INT. COCKPIT, SPITFIRE 2

3.

"BEST of luck Collins"

COLLINS checks his gauges, the wind and wave directions as his Spitfire continues to descend. He looks around, tensed, Farrier's voice came through. "Collins do you read?"  He pulls on the stick, going lower and lower. He looks around again, waiting for the right time to descend. The water gets closer and closer, he looks around in a small fit of panic, his heart hammered against his ribs, his breath quickens. I'll survive. It's just landing. It's just landing.

The waves stretches towards the Spitfire, going lower and lower. The plane continues to shake violently, he took a deep breath and yanked at the stick back wards.

The engine cuts, the Spitfire crashes, grazing the waves, water sprays into the glass, Collins jerks forward as the plane rattles, accelerating as it glides, the propeller still whirring until it slows down, the Spitfire halts, bobbing against the waves. It begins to sink slowly. Collins' sits in the gently swaying plane, he collects himself. Urging himself to think. And fast.

☁️☁️☁️MOONSTONE

☁️☁️☁️
MOONSTONE

"Dad is that one of ours?" Peter's distressed voice made Amelia jump up to her feet, Peter and his father, Mr. Dawson, who was at the wheel, Peter pointed, an outline of the plane came closer to the nearby Minesweeper, "That's a Heinkel." Mr. Dawson replies, they continue to watch the plane, tense. "They'll go for that minesweeper there." He added, Amelia steadied herself as the boat began to rock, sure enough there was a Minesweeper, they got closer to it, and so did the Heinkel.

"Hang on. Shouldn't we stand by to pick up survivors?" Peter exclaimed, dashing to the deck where Amelia stood. "To do that we have to survive ourselves!" Mr. Dawson remarked, turning the wheel to the direction of the massive Minesweeper.

Peter watches the continuous air fight between the two Spitfire's and the German planes. Mr. Dawson follows him, "Spitfires!" Amelia exclaims, pointing to two planes that sweeps over the water and turns towards the German planes, tilting, to chase the Me 109, soon, smoke trailed from the plane, taking a hard turn, "Dad he got him!" Peter exclaims excitedly, "Yeah! Yeah!" Mr. Dawson exclaims. "The Heinkel's moving off!" Mr. Dawson remarks. The bomber plane changes direction as it began to smoke at it's engine. Amelia squinted her eyes, "Oh no!" "What is it?" George asked coming out from the companionway.

"Smoke from the Spitfire!" Amelia turns to Mr. Dawson who returned to the wheel, taking action. "Watch for a chute!"

☁️☁️☁️