Club Fair? More like Club ME

Mr. Decosta's homework assignments consist of writing how you feel. Of course, he gives grammar, reading, and just English homework, but every Friday, he makes write in the journals. Matilda liked it in some aspect. Louis thought it was cool as well. Matilda had started hers with explaining how it was to be dead. Mr. Decosta graded them, but not by reading them, just looking at them. Slowly, the power couple was becoming Matilda's favorite teachers. 

Mrs. Decosta was a pushover. Everyone was too scared to break the rules though, they knew that Mr. Decosta would yell at them. Matilda was just dreading going to the Club Fair. It was during 6th and 7th period. So, she'd be missing Gym and Math. That wasn't too bad, she guessed. 

The first art assignment was to draw your best friend. Matilda, last time, drew Avis. Now, she drew Maggie. Matilda liked Maggie, a lot. She was a good person. Mrs. Decosta walked around and helped the kids, giving them gentle words of encouragement. Her son walked in, delivering more clay. "Phillip, you're so sweet! Who sent you?" She asked, taking the clay with a cheery smile. "Mr. West." Phillip replied, smiling back. It was hard not to smile when Mrs. Decosta smiled. "Oh my goodness!!! Tell him I said Hi!!!!!" She purred, sending Phillip off. 

The Club Fair

Matilda met with Ray and Avis, who previously were hardcore making out. She rolled her eyes, walking to the gymnasium. Maybe it'll be fun! Louis purred. It won't. Louis looked sad. Fine. Maybe it will. 

Matilda was wrong. Like last time, it was Avis forcing Matilda to join clubs. "It's so we can be closer. I don't want you to feel left out, now that I'm dating Ray." She made an excuse. Matilda just sighed, walking away. She walked to the poster board, labeled: "YAA". She looked at the advisor, and saw Maggie and Sawyer. Last time, Sawyer wasn't working here. "What does it stand for?" She asked. "Youths Against Abuse." Maggie answered. "You should join Tilly." Matilda smiled, jotting down her name. 

Sawyer smiled, his swoopy hair covering his face. "Can't wait to see you there. We meet every Wednesday, and we raise awareness against the types of abuse. It's also a therapy group for the kids here, who have been abused. Mrs. and Mr. Decosta appear sometimes, but it's mostly run by students. The journalism kids love us." The boy smiled. Matilda waved, and felt her cheeks flush. Two cuties in the same club. 

That's rare!

Home

Matilda walked into her house, bumping into her brother. Well.. step-brother, Bruno. He was eight years old, and wore bugs like a crown. "Move Tilly! Me and Sammy gotta commit tax fraud!" She sighed. "Oh, sorry Tillster." Her step-mom purred, her thick New York accent setting a nerve off. Mr. Decosta's New York accent was actually funny. Libby's was annoying. "Brunny just gotta new butterfly net, so he's gonna go catch' with Sammy Boy." She explained. "Cool." Matilda grumbled, walking inside. She greeted her dad and walked into her room. Homework time.

Journal

Matilda wrote about her annoying step-mom, her annoying parent's divorce, and how much she enjoyed visiting her mom. She was sad her mom didn't get custody. Her mom had worked out her problems, but the court didn't believe her. Matilda sighed as she closed her journal, pouring out her other homework assignments. 

Math

Matilda struggled. But got it done with mercy from dear Jesus himself. 

Biology

DNA, fantastic, Deoxyribonucleic acid.

Mom's Weekend.. 

Matilda got together her stuff and waved goodbye to her Dad. Matilda was excited. Her mom was one of the sweetest people ever, and before had bad problems with alcohol. She recovered to be able to see Matilda. She was the one.. the one who gave her the name Tilly

"Hi Tilly!!!!"

"Hi mom!"

"You ready for fun?"

"You know it."