24

One more day.
One more day until school starts back up again. One more school year left. Senior year better be worth it. I'm excited to see Ethan again as we've only communicated this summer through text and Snapchat. He has a girlfriend now and I'm so excited to meet her tomorrow. I'm not ready to get loads of homework though but luckily it's an art school so my only assignments would really be some maths, possibly English, and most definitely art assignments varying from photos to paintings to drawings. You never know what assignments you will be given.

Zach had texted me a few minutes ago telling me he will come and pick me up in an hour and to dress nice. Not going to lie, I'm very nervous. I don't know what to expect from what Zach is planning for today. I mean it's Zach for crying out loud.

I walk over to Allison's room and knock on her door a couple of times waiting patiently for an answer from inside the room.

"Come in" she shouts. I carefully open and shut the door to face Allison laying across her bed on her stomach as she has earbuds placed in her ears. I nervously tug at my left sleeve; a habit I tend to have when I'm stressed.

"Um hey... do you think you could help me find an outfit for something today, Zach had texted that he was going to pick me up in an hour and to wear something nice. I have no clue what to wear and have never done anything like this. I could really use your help" I finish while scratching my neck, waiting for an answer.

"Oh of course!" Allison exclaims while hopping up from the position she was in on her bed. "It's not every day your sister is asked out. Now what should I have you wear? Hmmm" Allie states as she skins through her closet, throwing a dress she think I would like onto her bed every once in a while. Not going to lie, my older sister has great taste in fashion.

"Aha. I think you will love this one Cameron" Allison pulls out an army green dress along with a white short sleeve shirt to wear under it.

"It's perfect thank you!" I exclaim hugging her.

"Now put that dress on so I can straighten your hair and put makeup on you" , I nod and run into the bathroom, plugging in the straightener then changing into my dress. I take a glance at how my body looks and bid at myself, likening my appearance. Once the straightener is hot enough I yell for Allison to come in and help me. She finishes in fifteen minutes then takes out her makeup to use on me. We agree on winged eyeliner, muse lipstick and a brownish eyeshadow along with lots of highlighter.

"And you're done" Allison swipes her highlighter brush one last time before finishing her work on my face and I glance at myself in the mirror. I look good. I smile at myself and thank her again.

Just in time, a honk is heard from down below; he's here. I grab my phone and tune downstairs, sliding on a pair of white vans and open and shutting the front door as I make my way to Zach. He's standing outside of his car and smiling at me.

"Why hello there, long time no see" He winks and I just roll my eyes, smirking. So funny.

"So where are you taking me?" I ask while hopping in his car. He closes the door and makes it into his side and closes his door.

"Now that is a secret I mustn't tell until we arrive. You look beautiful by the way Cameron" Zach looks at me with honesty and I smile at him, feeling my cheeks grow red.

"You look good too Herron" I smile. I turn to my right and look at the cars we're driving past. We sit in a comfortable silence as Zach hums to the song playing on the radio at the moment, nodding his head to the beat and tapping his fingers along.

Within half an hour Zach pull into a grassed field, I turn to him confused, what are we going to do here? Zach steps out of the car and walks over to my side opening the door.

"Are you going to kill me Herron?" I question and he laughs.

"Now why would I do that?" He gasps, jokingly putting his hand on his chest and stepping back. I laugh.

"Come here" he grabs my hand and leads me up a somewhat of a steep hill. I'm glad I did not wear sandals.
"Close your eyes" he puts one of his hands over my eyes to cover the scene in front of me. I groan.

"Okay you can look" he gently takes his hand away from my face and I look at the scene he had prepared. In front of my lies a picnic blanket with a basket on top of it. He has a Polaroid picture placed on the blanket as well as a bottle of wine. How'd he get that? Fairy lights are hung from the trees around us and I twirl around to see all the lights he had placed around us.

"How'd you do this Zach? This looks amazing thank you!" I say jumping in his arms. He grasps onto my body as we share a never ending hug. Taking in the nice smelling cologne he has on I rest my head on his shoulder and smile. Nothing could get better than this.

I pull away from him and we stare into each other's eyes, staring into his brown eyes I see his gaze flickering down to my lips every so often.

He takes a step forward and grabs the back of my head, pulling me towards him as our lips meet. He steadily kisses me and I slowly kiss back. He pulls on my bottom lip and I widen my eyes in surprise, opening my mouths little more to let his tongue roam. Grabbing the back of his head, I pull on his hair to and deepen the kiss. Once I run out of breath, I pull back panting. Our eyes lock and Zach gives me the biggest smile I've ever seen

"You have no idea how long I've been wanted to do that" he says as out for heads touch one another. I smile at him and kiss him once more.

"Hey Cameron, would you like to be my girlfriend?"

End.

Hello!! Sadly this is the end of the story, I've been working on this story for over a year and thought it was time for it to end. I'm sorry if you wanted more but I will be starting a new one in a couple of weeks or so that you could read.

I hope you enjoyed the ending as much as I did! They finally kissed. Who would have thought it would have taken twenty four chapters for it to finally happen though.

I hope this story was a fun read and would like to thank everyone that had to bare with the veryyy slow updates I apologize.

Much love!!!