PART 17: ROMI

Firstly, let me apologise for posting late. This is a short series, that I am still working on, so I post only 2 parts per day.

"Bhai, you have arrived.... ", I utter when I see him stepping out of the lift and suddenly my gaze meets hers.
I must be dreaming, "bhabhi", standing there in a black and red gown holding a tiny baby in her arms, was it their baby?

I stand there oggling at her when she calls out my name "Romi" while she gently places the baby in a lady's hands. I rush into her arms and a stream of tears rush down my eyes, thinking about how much I have missed her and how empty I felt without her being here.

After some minutes, I manage to utter some words, "Bhabhi, how come you're back, we all thought you.... I missed you so much, each and everyday, where had you been? Is this your child? "

Bhabhi manages a faint smile and replies "I have missed you terribly too Romi. Each day has been miserable but I was compelled to. He is not my son Romi, he is my friend Vanshikha's son."

Bhabhi quite timidly takes her first step inside, I see a smirk on bhai's face, he must be surely thinking about the first time bhabhi entered this house.

The first person that we see is Mumma and Simmi who are busy cooking dinner, both have a wide smile on their faces when they see Bhai but it fades when they see who's following him.

At first, both of them stare motionlessly at bhabhi. Mumma takes small steps to approach bhabhi to make sure she's not dreaming before hugging her tight and sobbing loudly.
Simmi joins in the hug and I also do. A few minutes pass in the tight hug and then Bhai says that they must be tired so let them rest.