PART 37: ISHITA (Semi-epilogue)

I am not in a mood to go out but I am compelled to because of Ruhi. I do not want her to be sad because of me.
Mummyji, Simmi and Romi have all gone out to a prayer at a relative's place.

Raman told me that he will pick me up after his work in some time. I have worn a navy blue saree, which Raman picked out for me in the morning and insisted that he wants to see me in this. Ishaan is already slept in my arms, pleasantly dressed in a navy blue baby outfit.

At sharp 5, Raman arrives. He smiles when he sees me in the saree.

Romantic songs keep on playing in the car and I see him take a different route than that of Ruhi's school. I look at him but his eyes remain focused on the road ahead.

After some time, I see him parking the car into the almost empty parking lot of a restaurant.

"Where are we Raman? Where is the Ruhi's function?Raman, if this is some sort of a surprise or joke, I am serious Raman, I am in no mood for anything", I sigh

Raman, if this is some sort of a surprise or joke, I am serious Raman, I am in no mood for anything", I sigh.

"Come Ishita. You'll get to know about it in a while", Raman says.

He takes Ishaan in his arms and leads me inside the big empty and dark restaurant.

"Raman, what is all this? I told you...", I begin to complain when suddenly I feel that hundred lights have all been lit at once in the whole restaurant.

I get blinded for a moment and the next moment, I am standing in front of a big beautiful decorated stage with our every family member standing in front of us.

I am beyond surprised. I do not understand.
Ruhi runs to hug me.
"Welcome Ishimaa. We were waiting for you since so long. Please be seated.", Ruhi says and points out to a big throne-like chair sitting on the middle of the stage.

I look at Raman, and he simply nods before saying,"be seated Ishita and be prepared for the biggest surprise of your life

"be seated Ishita and be prepared for the biggest surprise of your life."