PART 18: RUHI

A knock on the door startles me. I leave the drawing book and turn to see papa standing by the door. I run to hug him tight, I have missed him so much.
He kisses me on the cheeks and tells me, "Ruhi, I have brought the biggest gift for you, can my baby please close her eyes? "
I closed my eyes and prepared myself to see the big Teddy bear I wanted so much and when asked to open my eyes, I saw....

*Tere dil ka mere dil se
Rishta purana hain
In aankho se har aansu
Mujhko churana hain
Mujhko churana hain

Kaise main batau yeh tera is tarah rona
Dekha nahi jaata hain sun
Shaam jab dhalti hain subah muskurati hain
Khushbuye lutati hain sun
Udaasi ke lamho mein hamein muskurana hain
Tere dil ka mere dil se rishta purana hain
In aankho se har aansu
Mujhko churana hain
Mujhko churana hain *

I see Ishimaa, dadi's words have certainly been true that whatever you ask God, he gives it to you.
She kneels down opening her arms and I rush into them.
This tight hug has never felt better, I have pined for this hug so much.
We both cried a lot, neither of us wanted to break the hug but we eventually did.
Ishimaa kisses my forehead and holds my hands.
"Ishimaa", I utter after so long, "where were you, I missed you so much, why did you leave us and go, you don't know how much me, papa, Adi bhaiya have missed you."

"I missed you so much too Ruhi, but I was compelled to, am sure you will understand me when I explain it to you later. Come in my room now, I have brought many gifts for you and Adi bhaiya. "
We both leave the room accompanied by papa's gaze following us, a real smile on his face after long.