Chapter 4: Revealing the Truth

[Aya P.O.V.]
It feels good to be back on campus. My mom still doesn't know I found that letter. Then, before I got back here, I filled Crystal in on what's been going on. Of course, I left out the aliens part. I'm currently in my English class, I get a text from Chance.

Chance 😌: hey, I know you said you needed to talk. Wanna come over? I'll cook us dinner 😊.

Yeah, I'll be over once all my classes are done.

Chance 😌: okay, cool. See you then.

I'm currently in the library doing my homework. As I glanced up, I seen the guy who was a junior and now a senior. His name is Quincy. I had the biggest crush on him, even almost gave my virginity to him. Only reason why I didn't go through with it is because his frat brothers had placed a bet on me. Ever since that day, I haven't look at him the same.

"What's up Aya?," Quincy asked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Bye Q," I said trying to get back to work.

"Come on Aya. Don't be like that," he responded while cupping my face.

I moved my chin out his hand. He now had that mean mug on his face.

"And there the real you are," I replied smartly.

"Don't nobody want your ugly ass anyway," he spat and knock my book on the floor.

     Quincy stormed off and I leaned over to grab my book. I quickly gathered my things and left. Didn't want to linger too long, Q is the type to circle back around.  Putting my headphones in, I begin my walk to Chance's apartment. Didn't take long, before I knew it I'm there. I knock on the door, waiting on him to open up. A few moments later, he opened the door. Chance is sported in grey sweats, a tank top, and his Gucci flip flops. 

  He stepped to the side, and I made my way in.
The aroma of chicken alfredo filled my nose, along with garlic bread. He took my book bag and took it to his study room. I trailed to the kitchen, and saw our food ready. Did I mention he made a salad as well... can I say husband material? He finally made his way into the kitchen. I prepared our plates, even though he protested for a second. I sat at one end of the table, and him opposite of me.

"Thank you universe for continuously watching over us. And we thank you for this food. Please continue to guide and protect us," Chance spoke out loud.

We sat there in a brief silence, then started to eat.

"So what's up with you? I know we couldn't really talk about whatever's bothering you at the party. Plus, we haven't spoken often since we kissed," he said and took a sip of his water.

I looked up at him, his eyes were piercing my soul. How do I tell him that I'm part alien and that I'm catching feelings for him?

"Excuse me, let me go get this letter out of my bag," I said.

He nodded his head and I got up. Going into his study room, I spotted my bag on the mini couch he had in here. Went inside the front pocket, grabbing the letter, and then I proceeded back to the kitchen.