Chapter Seven

~ Francis POV~

Driving to the hardware store felt like forever as I tried to pass through all the traffic lights. I finally arrive at the hardware store at a quarter past six pm. The store seemed deserted and empty, which I did not mind. I quickly got out of the car and walked to the store. Finally, I understood why it was so empty, the store was about to close in another thirty minutes or so. I quickly opened the door quickly to step inside. "HAHA," I cheered, looking around. I heard a soft cough from the corner that made me turn around quickly. "sorry, we are about to close soon; can you make it quick?"

The man was bending over as he was trying to stock the shelves nearby. I could not help but check him out a bit, as his ass stuck out in the air. I also noticed how his body and voice looked a bit young. "I won't take long, I only need a screwdriver," I say breathing out softly. The guy stands up finally and turns to me. We soon stare shocked at one another, as we recognize the other face clearly. "oh...it is you..."

Arthurs' face soon sunk from disappointment as he stared at me. "why do you sound so disappointed? Like a mother watching her bastard child?" I laugh out a bit, seeing him roll his eyes at me. "that is it, leave," Arthur tells me sternly. "What? I still need my tool!" I say shockingly. Arthur started to untie his work apron and face his back towards me. As if he were trying to ignore me. "ugh! fine!" He turns around quickly, placing his hands on his hips. "what do you need?" He closed his eyes as he retied his apron around his waist again. "A screwdriver.. a manual one."

He breathed out softly before typing some stuff on the computer beside him. His hair falling over his eye was honestly a little cute. "So ... I did not know you worked here...Arthur," I say, looking at him. He nodded slowly as he separated his lips slowly. "Yeah, well, of course not. We don't know each other that way," He looked at me, annoyed. I understand why he is mad, we did get into a fistfight and go to jail, but I am trying to make it up whenever I see him. That day just wasn't a good one for me.

He placed a piece of paper between his arm and waist as he started to take out some keys. "Follow me," he said softly. I nodded as I slowly walked beside him. "Hey! I know you are still mad about our fight, but I am trying to make it up. I realize I was being immature that night," I start to explain. He looked at me with a serious expression as he began to climb up a ladder to get to a top shelf.

"Listen, I know you may seem like you are trying, but I can't be friends with someone I hit multiple times in the face," he looked down at me. Arthur placed his key in a keyhole and shuffled through a box on the top shelf. Once he grabbed what he needed, he slowly climbed down the ladder. "Here," he looked at me softly. I tried smiling again, but he turned away, walking toward the cash register. "Okay fine... I am sorry. Will you accept my apology?" I smile at him as he scans my item.

Typing something on the computer, he looked at me unamused. "Heh, so you are serious, huh?" He looked at me with an evil smirk. I honestly felt a little terrified. "Yes," my voice cracked. I looked at him, feeling my face turn red quickly. "Hahaha! You are funny; I suppose we could hang out sometime or say hello to one another in the school hallway.....just stop trying so hard, will you?" he laughed out a bit, placing my item in a bag. "Thank you," I added. I was about to take the bag, but he slammed his hand on the counter.

"Not so fast; that will be 13.50" he tilted his head smirking at me. "Right! How could I forget," I laugh out nervously? I hand him a twenty-dollar bill smiling. "Keep the change; you look like you could use it to buy more fashionable clothes," I laughed, snatching the bag away from him. "Yeah! Well, I don't care about my appearance! Unlike you," he looked at me, annoyed as he held the twenty in the air. His face had turned red now, and it was so cute, I wanted to see more of it. "Bye, Arthur!" I call as I start to walk out the door. "Yeah! Bye, my ass!" He said lastly before I finally left out of the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Sounds like papa had a crush on you," Maddie pointed to Arthur and smiled. "He did; everyone knew it; he didn't hide it one bit," Arthur smiled sweetly at her. "Hey! I hid it pretty well once I figured out that I liked you," I laughed nervously. "So what happens next?" Amelia asked, interested. "Would you like to take it over, dear?" I look to my beloved as I smile, closing my eyes.

I looked at my old friend and touched his shoulder. He is as beautiful as the day I met him, despite us fighting at first. "Okay then...where should I begin?...AH! I know. The next day, Francis tried to find me at school...my classes, that is," Arthur started. Everyone started to listen to him. However, I looked at him entranced. We have been married for so long, yet, I never seem to get tired of looking at him. His wrinkles remind me of how worth it everything is, how I will always love him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far ❤️ I will try to update when I can