Chapter twelve

~Arthur POV~
As Francis took over the story, I wasn't paying attention anymore. The memory of him telling me, I kind of reminded him of his Ex is still evident in my mind. During the time we had been friends, he suddenly confessed his feelings for me. Which, at the time, I did not share. That day I was more upset that he was trying to find a replacement instead of moving on. He told me so many stories about her, and it confused me as to why he stayed so hung up on her.

~flashback~

"Arthur, can we talk please?" I looked to Francis who was serious as ever. Shutting my locker I turned to him curiously. "About what?" I asked. "Well, it's better if we do it in private...during lunch can you meet me in the courtyard," Francis looked everywhere else but at me. He seemed nervous to a large extent. "Okay then..." I nod, and he rushes off like a child. I have known him long so this behavior was a bit new. Lately, he has been stumbling around me, but I thought maybe it was because he was scared of me for some reason. Like the other day in science class, it was so weird.....

~flashback~
"Francis can you please leave, I came to finish a project, you don't have to be here," I lift my goggles to look at him. He won't leave me alone all day. "Well...I wanted to hang out with you," he said nervously. He then continued to watch me move test tubes around. Watched me very closely, as if hoping I wouldn't disappear somewhere. "Do you like anyone?"
"No...now be quiet."
"But I was just asking ..."
"No, stop talking."
From the corner of my eye, I could see him mess with my pencil miserably.

I tried to focus on the project, but he kept sighing from boredom. "Huuuuhhh," he went as I wanted to ignore him. "Huhhuh" he continued, this time coming closer to me. I stopped what I was doing and turned to him, annoyed. "You know, if you were going to be acting like this, you shouldn't have come," I looked up at him from my seat. "I wanted to see you, though" he complained. "Ugh, really? You could have waited" I looked up tilting my head, smiling some more. This time something changed in him. He suddenly stopped complaining, and his face turned a few shades of red.

"Francis, are you okay?" I waved a hand in front of him. However, he just sat in a seat and didn't say anything. At least he was quieter now. "Can you pass me that tube over there?" I ask. Francis lifted his head, face still red as he pushed the tube over to me. Weird. DAMN! This is the wrong tube. "Wrong tube....no worries I will get it," I laughed. Francis lifted his head as I reached my arm over him to get the tube.

"My bad," I laugh. I looked at him, who tried saying something, but it wouldn't come out. "I..i....I...it's o...o Kay," he tried to say, but it only made things weird. "You good? I think you need to go home," I suggested, putting a hand on his forehead, but I think it made it worse. It's like the gears in his head were shutting down. "See you later, Arthur!" He shouts before hurrying to leave. That was weird...but he is really weird, so it might just be average Francis looking for some attention or something like that.

~flashback done~
Maybe he is acting this way because he doesn't want to be friends. I do not know, it would be so weird and sudden if he did that. There was one more class till lunch time so luckily, I did not have to wait long to hear what he had to say to me. I looked around the empty hallway and realized I was late for class. "Fuck.." I rush to my class which luckily wasn't far. Yao was in my Literature class, and he seemed to notice how unfocused I was today. I just couldn't stop thinking about what Francis had to say to me.

~
Once class ended, I rushed out to the courtyard and sat at a table where he would be able to find me. After some time, Francis rushes toward me nervously. Instead of sitting, though, he pulled me up, taking me somewhere. "Hey, where are we going?" I asked, confused. "Just follow me, please," he said nervously. God, I hope he doesn't murder me or something.....
After some time, he just snuck me into a janitor's closet to talk. "What's wrong?" I asked, confused. He started to pace nervously, like trying to find his words and put the together.

"Okay, Listen, Arthur, I know we are friends, but I need to tell you something."
"What is it?...."
"I like you....but see, I had no idea if it was because you reminded me of my ex-girlfriend, but I realize it wasn't. I just liked you this whole time, even when we first met....which wasn't that good," He started. I couldn't believe what he had just said. I felt angry.
"You were comparing me to your ex-girlfriend? I thought we were friends?! So was I just a replacement?" I pushed him away from anger.

"No! I mean, at first...-."
"Are you hearing yourself?" I tried to push past him to leave.
"Move now," I said, angry. "Just listen to me; I thought I had a crush on you because you were similar to her, but I realize that was not the case, and I just really liked those things about you." He tried to explain, but my head was barely trying to grasp the word crush. "What? Did you just say?" I asked, and he knew immediately. Francis got down on both knees and put his head down, embarrassed. "I have a crush on you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Thanks for reading so far❤️