Chapter 10 : Primary evaluation

The helicopter touched down on the helipad just as where the chancellor's chopper had landed. Instead of my father I decided to greet some of the leaders myself. The Japanese prime minister, Takaguchi Kawa, stepped out of the helicopters as his security details followed behind him closely. "Madam Vice President." He said, trying his best to speak in English.

"It's alright Prime Minister Kawa, I understand Japanese." I told him in his native tongue to ease the awkwardness. His eyes brightened and we had our entire conversation in Japanese.

"Are you sure that you are the billionaire playboy's daughter?" He asked. "What I see now is that... to be honest..."

"We're not the same. Not after what happened." I said, pressing a finger against my left eye to wipe out a drop of tear. Entering the dining hall dad stood up from his chair and both men greeted each other formally by shaking hands.

"Your daughter is a very talented woman Mr. President." He said. "She can speak really fluent Japanese."

"Sorry sir, I'm just an amateur speaker. I'm not your level yet."

"But we should stop the pleasantries now. We still have to find out who did this." The chancellor stood up. "Is there a place we can all sit down and discuss?"

"We can try the fake Situation Room." Dad offered. "But not all of you are here yet."

"Doesn't matter, doesn't matter. As there is place for us to talk." The chancellor said. Five minutes later all of us are now seated in the mock Situation Room with the Secret Service standing guard outside. "Is this a NATO incident President Reagan?" He asked.

"Why Tokyo?" The prime minister looked at him in the eye. "If this is NATO I won't even be here."

"Why Moscow? Another question?" I asked, leaning back on the chair. "So far Russia and Japan ARE NOT NATO members."

"Is this some kind of twisted game?" The chancellor asked. "A wild goose chase?"

"Theoretically speaking sir." I said, my arms on the table.

"My daughter has already drew up her list of potential suspects." Dad explained. "If you're kind enough to lend your time before the Russians came."

"I have." I said. "But, we should watch the news. Keep up what is happening now." As we turned on one of the six televisions in the room we found ourselves staring at CNN's newsroom and it's presenter, Anderson Cooper, reporting.

"Thousands of people are now gathered at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing as the explosion that happened hours earlier has killed the paramount leader of China." He reported. "This is by far, the seventh country to be attacked by bombs planted at their administrative buildings. Is this some sort of terrorist plot to bring down the world?"

"Oh shit." I cursed.

"However, the main headlights are still focused on the White House. Sources had indicated that President Reagan has been missing from the White House ever since the break in along with the vice president herself. So far the Secret Service has taken the responsibility of the lax security they had inadvertently exposed. The president's spokesman has just recently confirmed to us that the president and vice president is not in the White House. Although America has been peaceful when President Reagan came into power but the First Family themselves are not safe. There have been three incidents where the president has went missing and among the incidents the First Daughter was shot twice." Dad narrowed his eyes and sat back on his chair, rethinking the times we went underground to save the world. "What is the president's motives? Die trying to protect the American people?" Cooper reported, his voice steel.

"Dad?" I whispered.

"Could this be his plot to..."

"Dad." I said.

"Isa, do you think that I can still be president?" He then asked this question unexpectedly. "I obviously can't simply go missing like this."

"Dad... I..." I tried to think of something.

"Son, you have to listen to me." Chancellor Merkel looked into dad's eyes. "This is not your time to question your worth. Policies determine the successfulness of your presidency, I would give you a fail grade. I'm giving you that grade because you should keep your children safe, not putting them in danger. You heard what this reporter said, she was shot two out of three times. I'd say that you should just stop, stop asking this stupid questions and help save the world and your country."

"You're right Mr. Chancellor." Dad replied. "Let's do a recap now." Nodding I placed my notebook on the desk for them to look at the clues and questions I have scribbled by pencil. "If Moscow and Beijing are not part of the attacks... then..."

"Could be the splinter group from Cuba, North Korea, or The Rising Jihad." I said.

"I have heard of that insane group." The Japanese prime minister said. "They bombed my country's embassy in America, derailed two trains and destroyed the Tokyo Train Station at the same day."

"They did some damage." I said. "What is the Pentagon doing sir?"

"We're still happy about the news when the leader was dead but now they're all scrambling to their feet."

"The Pentagon are not..."

"Prepared?" Dad asked. "They have, but I told them to not execute it without my permission."

"A drone strike?"

"Yes." Dad replied. "If we did kill innocents we have to handle the international backlash."

"I agree with your decision Mr. President. But a drone strike is a possibility."

"Mr. President? Mr. Chancellor? Mr. Prime Minister? Madam Vice President?" Agent Barrowman peered into the room again.

"What is it Andrew? Make it quick."

"Sir, the British Prime Minister, the Canadian Prime Minister and the Russians are here." He reported. I sighed and put down the pencil in my hand, closing back the notebook.