Chapter 11 : No more alone

Three choppers flew over the horizon as dad and I watched from the doorstep of the ranch's front door. Right now I still have my suspicions towards the Russians. They landed at a safe distance from one another but dad kept his grimace, obviously not happy about the meeting got interrupted. Andrew Barrowman however tried to stop us both from going out, fearful that something would happen to the both of us after the news report last night.

"Andersoon Cooper exaggerated on that one." Dad murmured.

"Wasn't I shot two?" I asked. "I'm still thinking about the plan sir."

"Plan? Me receiving proper training from you?"

"Fat chance Mr. President." I said. "Unless you want to see the commander-in-chief work with bruises." Everyone brought their security detail with them as they descended from their choppers respectively. "Somehow the Russian president came in person."

"Yes, I can see that." Dad nodded. "Probably to avoid suspicion, or he was guilty about something."

"Guilty about the splinter group the Russians are funding in secret?"

"I wish." He said with a low laugh. I allowed myself a smile as the Russian president approached my father carefully. "President Yuvchenko." He greeted, shaking the man's hand.

"Ah, glad to see you Mr. President." He quipped. "Madam Vice President." Although I sensed the growl in his voice I kept up my smile and shook his hand. After shaking hands with the leaders the Secret Service hushed us inside and locked the doors. I knew that the agents are all stationed here, surrounding the perimeter and armed to the teeth. Taking them to the Situation Room styled bunker I swept the notebook down on my lap before anyone except the Japanese Prime Minister and the Chancellor of Germany, whom knew about the notebook, can find out. Prime Minister Gray held my hand in hers, her fingers wrapping around mine. She has always been my surrogate mother whenever my mother is not around during our time in England.

She was my 'Aunt Maddie' at that time and when my mother died, she was there for me, providing me the opportunity to leave Seoul and stay in London to cope with the pain but I turned down because grieving won't solve anything. She was the one who told me stories when my mother's not around, usually when she was summoned to meet with the Minister of Foreign Affairs and met with Uncle Roland for some undisclosed business regarding espionage as that time Uncle Roland is an intelligence officer working for the MI6. When time passes, so did we grew older. She is now the prime minister of the United Kingdom while I made the transition from CEO of Stark Industries to the United States Secretary of State to my current position, the Vice President of the United States. "We came together for a reason." Dad declared. "This is not a time for rivalries anymore. We should focus on dealing with the people that threatened to plunge our nations into chaos."

"Where do we begin then Mr. President?" Prime Minister Gray asked, in her usual British accent. "MI6 and world wide military is on alert."

"Not to mention our own foreign intelligence agencies Madam Prime Minister." Prime Minister Grant added.

"But the question we are asking now is who? Who is behind all of this?" I interrupted.

"Don't you already have the solution Madam Vice President?" The president sneered at me.

"Theory, is still a theory Mr. President." I replied, staring at him boldly in the eye. "I am NOT going to rule out anyone unless the evidence is there."

"Are you accusing the vice president now?" Dad asked, clearly unhappy about it. "President Yuvchenko, I asked you here to discuss about what happened, not having you threatening my daughter over accusations that were not confirmed." He said. "Are you clear about what's happening?"

"Yes, of course." He said, sitting back against the chair. "But then we still haven't had any clues about the attackers."

"After the investigations we have no choice but to suspect that the terrorist group, The Rising Jihad, is out for blood." I explained.

"By word!" The British prime minster replied.

"It seemed that my predecessor has seemingly did the wrong thing. And now that mad man is out there." Dad said, his expression turned grim.

"With the maniacs out there... the world will never be safe." I said. "It's either they die or we have to."

"We're not going down. Not now." The Canadian prime minister said. "The Rising Jihad must be stopped."

"I agree." The Japanese prime minister replied. "We cannot let these people ruin our people's lives."

"Agreed." I supported.

"I support the notion." Prime Minister Gray said.

"Agreed in every way." Chancellor Merkel spoke up.

"You have my military forces' order." President Yuvchenko replied.

"What is your view Mr. President?" I asked.

"I agree." He said, looking up and at everyone present. "Stopping that madman is a priority."