Chapter 12 : Ambush

Down in the basement the intelligence officers from each nation gathered in a group. White boards were set up, each scribbled with things in their native language. I watched their movements from the security camera upstairs, still in the bunker. Dad asked the leaders to give us the room except the Canadian prime minister, who insisted that he wanted to have a word with the president and vice president. "You're a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent?" Dad asked, his brows lifted.

"Yes sir. Served under Fury's time, was her Canadian partner." He explained, his thumb pointing at me. "I left after the fall of S.H.I.E.L.D.."

"How come I've never..."

"Heard my name? Raven was Fury's temporary right hand, she went behind his back to classify the files of agents that would be compromising when leaked to the public."

"You did?" Dad asked me.

"I did sir. I have to. If not, they'll be matyrs, killed by the terrorist organizations they are undercover within."

"Just when I thought you only did this behind my back." Dad smirked.

"You think I'd listen to Fury? I have my own rules, that's why Fury trusted me enough to give me his thumb drive."

"She is always the renegade. Fury calls her an improvised version of Tony Stark, more understanding than that annoying boy."

"True, I could not stand him as well." I said. "Which is why we don't get along well. Trust me, would a father abandon his daughter for more than fifteen years when his wife died? He drink away his problems while I was out there, fighting for justice."

"You don't have to be like your father Isabella. You already have a place where you belong."

"True." I said. "Now, I have a new father who loves me and understands me. I have witty cousins that we can laugh on about just any joke. Yeah I'm lucky, but this is not the time for talks like this. We can talk about it after the waters are calm which are not now." I said.

"What do you suggest?" Dad asked me.

"We need to sit down and look at the possibilities of where the TRJ is hiding." I said. "If our intelligence officers are down there so be it. Let them do the work."

"Madam Vice President." Grant looked at me. "Is there a possibility of a drone strike?"

"No, I won't kill innocents." I said. "If the situation forced me to then so be it."

"You didn't change a bit." He said.

"Weapons and gear do change over time."

"What have you been doing during those years?"

"That's not a need-to-know basis Prime Minister Grant." I said. "I walked a long path of harsh suffering to become what I am today."

"True, you're always that cryptic."

"Madam Vice President, can we focus on the issue at hand?" Asked my father, completely annoyed about it.

"Of course sir. I apologize." I said.

"Sir, madam. We have a breakthrough." Said Agent Barrowman outside the room.

"What is it?" He asked after waving him in.

"We have found him. We have found the leader of the TRJ." He said, through panting breath.

"Perfect." Dad said. "Where are the leaders?"

"They're secure in the Operation Room sir." He reported. We exited the bunker and passed by the kitchen but I felt something wrong. Then glass crackled as I heard gunshots from a distance. Responding I ducked low behind the cabinets.

"Dad! Get down!" I screamed. Realizing what is wrong dad ducked down beside me and Everett quickly ducked at the cabinet of the other side. Shielding my head from the glass shards the gunshots grew more intense and nearer. "What the-"

"Mr. President get down!" Barrowman fired, hitting the assailant trying to get in through the back door. Dad ducked low, shielding himself from the attack.

Shit. I cursed as I quickly took out a black bracelet and the bracelet immediately snapped onto my right wrist. I held up the bracelet, a piercing sonic scream followed, causing everyone to cover their ears in pain. I have ear plugs in my ears to deter the sonic attacks, either from using the collar or my new bracelet. Extending my arms both of my bo slid down from the sleeves onto my grip. I whirled, throwing out one of them and it slammed against another man who tried to pry open the back door. The front door was broken down when I got up and ran towards the direction. Gunmen appeared, causing me to slide down and hide behind the twin couch in front of me. The couch too obstructed their views from seeing dad and the prime minister. Barrowman rolled down to the ground and crawled his way to my side. "Team Delta! I repeat, Team Delta!"

Grabbing Barrowman's sidearm I fired, gunning down two and injuring one. "What the hell Barrowman?" I asked.

"Team Beta, we're under attack! I repeat, Team Beta, we're under attack!" He reported. "Protect the heads of states immediately!"

"Team Delta on the way! Team Delta on the way!" I heard from his earpiece. "It's an ambush!"

"What?" I asked. I whirled, firing two shots and the bullets slammed against two men in their shoulder. "Dad!" I said, coming out of hiding and gripped him by the arm. "You okay? Are you hurt?"

"I'm fine!" He said, still a bit surprised from the sneak attack. "Are you hurt?"

"No dad, I'm fine. Prime Minister Grant?"

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine." Grant replied. "I might need to remember back my training."

"How did you...?"

"I hid my weapon within the sleeves, from the moment of the explosion I have already started preparing."

"Told you, she never changed a bit." Grant looked at dad. However I noticed a glint on one of the gunmen's clothes and I ran my hand against his clothing. Body armor, not high-tech enough. I thought as I teared out his jacket. When I found the source of the glint my heart stopped for a beat. "What the-" the prime minister cursed.

"Goddamn it." I said, standing up. "They have been gaining on us." I added, holding the GPS device. "The Rising Jihad had already sent them to find us."

"We have to evacuate, now!" Dad said on the spot. I threw the device on the ground and stomped on it, fracturing the glass and destroying the device. "Barrowman?"

"Right here sir."

"Get Air Force One fueled and ready." Dad ordered. "They'll go down, one way or another." Grant and I shared a tense gaze and nodded in unison.

"Felt like I just went back in time." He chuckled. "Teaming up with my old partner again."