Annabeth

The first thing that filled my nose was the smell of alcohol.

I knew it.

'Annabeth, don't make any noise' Percy signed. I was more nervous than before if that was even possible. They were broken beer bottles everywhere. The place was a mess and there was something red on the floor that I wished it wasn't what I was thinking of.

Percy kinda looked around the living room and what looked like the kitchen and sighed in relief. He waved his hand in a gesture of saying 'c'mon' I put my coat and my beanie in the coat rack.

I followed him upstairs to the second floor, where more beer bottles were spread all over the parquet. It was awful. It's obvious Percy wasn't culpable of all this disaster. To be honest I don't want my theory, (of Percy being abused) to be true.

He opened the door to a room that I supposed it was his. But it was completely different from the rest of the house. This was tidy and clean. The walls were painted on a light blue and almost all the furniture was blue. He left his bag on the floor and I put it right next to it. He sat on one of the chairs in front of the desk and took his books as if nothing really happened. I wanted to ask, but I knew he won't tell me. Because I know if I would be in his situation I would tell no one, my best friend neither.

"So, how do we start?" I started the conversation.
'How shall we start?' He signed and gave me his famous lop-sided smirk that made me shiver. He didn't look nervous though we were at his house.

Time-lapse

We've been making the project from 5 pm and we are now at five and a half. Only half a minute and shoutings were heard from downstairs. I thought we were going to last more, but the only time we had until problems arrived was half an hour.

" Hey, you loser I'm home!" Someone said downstairs. "You've better come down here!"

That's it, he is here I thought

I felt Percy beginning to shake. I could tell he was totally terrified. I mean if I invited a friend home and my I-don't-know-if-he-is-his-abusive-father entered I could be freaking trembling. Percy grabbed my shaking hand and led me to his wardrove. He took a dip breath. And then he did something I would never expect coming from him.

"Annabeth, don't you dare coming outside... "He. Talked. Percy freaking Jackson talked. He cleared his throat. It was raspy from not talking in years, but at that moment it was like the entire world stopped. It was awesome. I stopped daydreaming when Percy slammed the wardrobe doors in my face.

I heard footsteps and the sound of the door opening and hitting against the wall. I was freaking out, but the only thing that kept me sane was the smell of the ocean in Percy's clothes, I wished I was at the beach with Percy right next to me.

stop it Annabeth, you're in a closet because your crush is going to get beaten, remember?

Yeah, right.

"There's no beer," He said "Go get some" Percy didn't reply. "I said... Go. Get. Some" Percy still didn't talk. "Well, then I'll do it the bad way. " I could hear the gin that was drawing on the man's face. I didn't even notice the tears falling down my cheeks of how scared I was. I had to cover my mouth for not shouting or making any noise.

First hit, second hit... Tenth hit. I didn't know what he was hitting him with, but I could feel the pain Percy was going through with only listening. 

In what felt like hours he stopped. I waited until I heard him shut the door behind him. Then, I opened the closet doors slowly and I fell to the knees when I saw Percy bleeding out in the floor.

-----------------------------------------

Wow, It's been a lot since I updated here. The thing was I didn't have a lot of imagination so this chapter took a little bit more time than the others. Anyways, I hope you like it and don't worry cuz I'm working on next chapter instead of studying for the four exams I have next week.

Vote

Comment

And don't forget to follow ;) <3