Chapter 8

Yunlan is frustrated, Yezun is basically ignoring him. They have been drinking for forty minutes already, and he has said barely two words to him, those words being: "Another drink?"

Yezun seems to be better than him at this, he doesn't seem at all affected by the alcohol he drank and Yunlan can't help but wonder, how much did he drink that night to get so wasted?

Yezun isn't paying him any attention, he has talked to Hong all the time, and Yunlan is losing his mind. When Yezun excuses himself to go to the bathroom, Yunlan follows him without a word then pulls him out the back door.

"Wait! I need to..." but Yunlan doesn't let him finish, pushes him against the wall and says, "Don’t you want to kiss me?"

"WHAT? Why should I..."

"When we met, you were drunk and you kissed me," and he leans towards him, moving his face closer, trying to kiss him now.

Yezun pushes back. "What do you think you’re doing?" he says, angry.

"I'm going to kiss you," and he tries again, but he has barely touched his lips that Yezun pushes him away roughly, with enough strength to make him stumble backwards and almost fall.

"Can't you get it? I'm not into guys and even if I was I wouldn't like a crazy guy like you!"

Yunlan feels those words hit him like a stab thru the heart and remains where he is, murmuring helplessly, "but I... you kissed me, I've thought about you so much, I want to kiss you again..."

Yunlan's expression is so hurt and pathetic that Yezun calms down a little bit, but he's still angry when he says,

"I think you got the wrong brother for that. Stop it or I'll destroy you."

"Wrong brother?" Yunlan thinks that he's trying to play him like a fool because he remembers him well.

"It was you! I was at your house! I saw your ID card! Your picture and your name, Shen Yezun!"

"We are twins, you idiot! And right now we live together. I don't know what happened between you two but it most definitely wasn't me, not even all the alcohol in the world could make me want to kiss you."

"Twins?"

"Identical twins, ever heard of that? It happens, you idiot!"

Yezun then he lowers his voice in an angry growl, “And to think that I wanted to introduce you to him tonight, right now I wish he stayed home."

"Introduce me? Here? He’s here?"

Yunlan moves to go back inside, because if this twin really exists then it would explain a lot of things and he needs to see him now!

"Oh no, you won't."

Suddenly Yezun grabs him by the shoulders and pushes him back out.

"You leave him alone, he's had his share of idiots, I won't let you hurt him!"

Then he runs inside, his eyes land on a smiling Hong and for a second he thinks of going to her, but he forces himself to look away and keeps searching for his brother.

At that moment he sees him entering and rushes to him, grabs his arm and pulls him away towards home.

Wei doesn't understand what's going on, tries to question him but Yezun appears to be so angry that Wei can only get a we're going home out of him.

~~~~~

When Yunlan comes back in, Yezun is nowhere to be found. He asks Hong and she tells him, rather sadly he notices, that Yezun went away. Yunlan sinks in his seat, trying to digest what happened.

Is that why something felt so wrong about Yezun? Is he really not the man he met that night?

He thinks of running after him, after all he knows where he lives, or where they live, but having Yezun call the police on him is not what he needs right now, so he stays there to finish his drink with Hong, and then he takes her home.

He has no intention of giving up. He is so close to finding his man, he needs to confront him and stop this obsession that is taking away his sleep.

The next day, despite being tired for having been awake all night, he goes early in front of Yezun's house and starts waiting for someone to come out.

He stays far away, of course, so not to appear like a stalker, but from where he is he can clearly see his door and keeps his eyes on it until he sees a man walking out.

Yunlan stares at him, the guy really looks like Yezun, who is he? He can't be sure so he follows him discreetly until he disappears inside a flower shop.

Yunlan stops and waits again but the guy doesn't come out, so he takes a deep breath and goes in.

The guy greets him with a sweet voice and an adorable smile. Yunlan's heart skips a beat and he asks, "Don't you recognise me?"

But he only gets a puzzled stare and a few words.

"I'm sorry but I don’t think I know you."

Again Yunlan thinks sadly, but he was prepared for that. He asks to be sure:
"Are you Shen Yezun?"

"I'm Shen Wei," Wei says. "You must know my brother."

Shen Wei Yunlan thinks dreamily, and only says, “Y...yes."

Wei looks at him as if waiting for something, but Yunlan doesn't say anything, so he speaks instead.

"Did you come here for Yezun or did you want to buy some flowers?"

Yunlan remembers where he is and finds back his voice.
"Flowers, yes of course." His soul is shaking, he can barely comprehend what is being said to him, are the flowers for a girl? Yes they are (I can give the flowers to Hong, he thinks). Are roses alright? Yes, roses, good. Is a dozen alright? Yes, a dozen is good. Do you want me to deliver the roses for you, it'd be my pleasure, is that ok? Yes, thank you. Do you want to write a note to go with the flowers? Yes, a note, good idea...

Wei prepares a beautiful bouquet then waits for him to write the note, but Yunlan is like in a daze. He had actually thought of taking the flowers himself, but right now he seems unable to say no to him.

Wei waits a moment more then says, "The note?" and Yunlan startles.

"Oh, yes, of course," and quickly writes "For Zhu Hong. Hope you like it. Yunlan."

Wei can't help it and looks at the name on the note. Yunlan, he must be the guy Yezun told him about, so this Hong must be his fiancée. Again he can't help it and asks, "Is she your fiancée?"

Yunlan had said that to watch Yezun's reaction but now he finds that he doesn't want this man to think that he's engaged, so he says, "Fiancée? No, she is... well actually... it's a bit complicated."

Wei smiles sadly and politely says, "I understand, don't worry. I hope you'll be happy together."

Yunlan doesn't like that but right now he seems unable to say another word, so he pays for the roses and goes away thinking:

"I found him. It's really him this time, I found him."