Chapter 2

I walked down some different streets in order to get used to the layout of the town. I hummed a little bit while looking around, almost everyone who saw me had their gaze fixed on me as I walked past. I guess it was super obvious that I was new here.

"Hey, (Y/N)!" I heard a call from behind me, I turned and saw Kyle.

"Oh, hey Kyle! You not with the others?"

"I was. I needed a break from Cartman. Figured I would go on a walk before heading back."

"After the one encounter with him... I don't know how anyone could hang out with him for an extended period of time."

"I don't know how we manage it either to be honest." He shook his head a little, eliciting a giggle out of me.

"Oh! I met Wendy and Tweek." I said, smiling as we walked along the road together.

"Wendy... can be nice, watch out for her when she is with Bebe though. Those girls get into all sorts of fights. Tweek is pretty nice though." He nodded, and then looked up at the sky. We were just about at my house when he spoke again, "Want me to show you around a bit? I am sure the guys will understand."

I blinked at him a little confused, but then smiled and nodded my head, "Sure, I would like to know where I am going to be headed tomorrow."

He smiled at me and led me around, showing me where the best places to eat were, Stark's Pond, the theatre, the high school, it was a really small town, even though my previous town only had one high school too, there was a lot more people in it and a lot less farmland. We finished walking around by heading to the grocery store.

"Thanks for showing me around... And helping me grab some groceries." I smiled up at him as I picked up the bags from the cashier.

"It isn't a problem." He scratched the back of his neck and looked a little nervous. "Here, let me help with those." He grabbed some of the bags in my hand.

"A-ah! You don't have to, you have helped me enough... It is getting late too. Weren't you only going to be gone from the others for a little while?"

"I texted Stan letting him know that I was caught up with something else." He smiled, and I flushed a little.

"Thank you so much." I said letting my hair hide my red face.

"Thank me by giving me your number?"

I laughed, "I would have given it to you no matter what."

We finally reached my house, I unlocked the door and we entered. "You can leave the bags on the counter." I said, placing mine down next to the fridge.

Before putting everything away we swapped numbers, then as I started to put things into their new homes Kyle began to pass me things here and there in an attempt to help me.

"You can head out now if you want dude, I gotta set up my computer and consoles now." I said as we walked through the field of boxes in the living room.

"You play games?"

"Uh, yeah." I avoided eye contact, "I know it isn't exactly common for girls to like them, but I love them."

"That is so cool! I can't wait to tell the others, having an extra person is always good." He grinned at me, "I will let you finish settling in. See you at school tomorrow (Y/N)."

"See you tomorrow- Oh, you can call me (Y/N)!" I said to him, waving as he headed out.

I shut the door, a smile still lingering on my face. Did I finally make some real friends? I pulled out my phone and dialed my mother.

"Hello?"

"Hey mum..."

"Oh honey! I didn't expect a call from you so soon. How are things going?"

A real smile broke out on my face as I nodded, "Good! I actually made some friends! Well, one friend for a fact." My face was tinted pink thinking about how Kyle had helped me this evening.

Silence came from the other end for a moment before my mum spoke, "I am so happy for you honey. I know how hard it has been for you in our old town... I am glad people in this town are better."

"I am too mum. I am going to head to bed, just wanted to let you guys know that I may finally be okay."

"We are so glad to hear that honey... we love you. We will try to get things sorted out here as soon as we can. Enjoy your first day of school."

"I'll try. Goodnight mum, I love you."

"Love you too honey."

As the call ended, I smiled. Tomorrow was going to be good. I just knew it. I went upstairs and began to set up my computer, a new desk was in the room, along with a large box and a bag beside it. I ignored the box and pulled over the large bag, pulling out the cables and everything, the tower was already on the desk. I took my time setting everything up how I liked it, and then realized something.

"Where is the router?" I started to make my way down stairs, trying to find the little black box that should have been installed already. "Fuck fuck fuck..." I kept muttering, wandering around boxes, occasionally tripping on one. I finally found the box, back upstairs in the spare bedroom. I cursed loudly and then grabbed my hard line and plugged it into the router and into the back end of my tower. My setup was complete.

I grinned to myself as I turned on the tower and watched as the loading screen came up on my monitor. I was beyond pleased. I then looked at the rest of my room, and yawned. I looked at my phone, it was almost 9pm.

I quickly dumped my game systems onto some shelves and plugged in two of them. It had been a long day, and I was ready for bed now. I got changed and went into the bathroom and made my way to my bedroom to sleep for the night.