Chapter 5

Sorry for such a long wait! Thanks for being so patient and for bringing me to an amazing 500 views! Now enjoy chapter 5
_________________________
Bethany's POV
Derek stares at me for what seems like forever. I look down, then back at him. "Bethany, I think I'm in love with you. But I can't be," he says, "I've never been in love with one of my partners before he says."

I don't know what I'm supposed to say, thanks? I love you too? I do the only thing I know to do, cheesy but cute. I kiss his cheek and look away. "Beth, I can't have a relationship with my partner. We can only be friends, dating might affect our dancing" he says. I understand what he's saying.

We leave the park, keeping the awkwardness. He doesn't call me and I don't call him. I lie in my bed and stare at the ceiling. (A/n Bethany and Derek don't have a love story outside this story) I text my sister everything that happened.

Wow, she responds.

What do I do?

What do you think you should do?

I don't know.

Then I don't know either.

Fine.

We end our conversation. I drink a sip of chai tea that my mom brought in and go to sleep. I wake up and scroll through twitter. My mom brings me some cereal and then I get ready to pick costumes with Derek.

I think of how awkward it's going to be seeing Derek after our talk. I wish he never told me he loved me, but at the same time I get a good feeling when I think about it.

I wear a tank top from Forever twenty one, a cardigan from H&M, and leggings from Macy's. I get into my car and drive to the studio.

I don't see Derek's car so I just go inside. I meet up with the stylists who show me some dress designs. I look at a couple of nice ones but I don't wanna make my final decision without Derek. He finally enters, Hannah at his side.

_________________________
Thank you to all of my readers for reading my story and hopefully I can post chapter 6 by Tuesday!