Two

The next morning I'm woken by my alarm and 4 phone calls. One from my mom and 3 from Ashton. I call Ashton first but it goes to voice mail. A frown settles on my lips and I call my mom back. It goes to voice mail as well so I get up and go to my bathroom down the hall to brush my teeth and do my hair. I'm glad I moved out when I did because my mom's house was chaos with my 3 brothers and I. So as soon as I turned 18 and had enough money to put a deposit on an apartment, I moved out.

I here my phone ringing from my room and run with my toothbrush in my mouth. I see the caller I.D. and it's Ashton. I answer and put it on speaker while running back to the bathroom.

"Hello beautiful. How did you sleep?" I respond with an inhuman noise because of my toothbrush in my mouth. I hear him laugh as I turn the water on to rinse my mouth out.

"Hello. Sorry I was brushing my teeth. I slept okay once I got off of skype with you. How did you sleep punk?" I chuckle as I ask him.

"I am not a punk, that's you." Not this again. We always got into this little banter when I called him a punk.

"Yes you are. You are in a band, you play the drums and you wear black skinny jeans every day."

"That does not make me a punk. It just makes me a boy in a band that plays drums and wears skinny jeans." I just grunt at him and here one of the other guys in the background asking if we were really fighting about this again.

"Who is that? Luke?" My question is answered when I here Ashton's muffled hey and a hello from Luke.

"Hi Luke. How are you?" I giggle a little when I hear some shuffling and Ashton telling Luke to give him his phone back.

"I'm doing pretty okay. We have a really big show tonight and I'm kinda freaking out."

"You guys will do great. I promise you. Ugh I miss you guys." I pout a little even though he can't see me.

"I know Lay. We miss you more and Ashton has been going crazy not having you here." That just makes me pout even more. I miss Ashton so much and I really just want him here.

"Hey Layla. You still there?" I must have been silent for awhile.

"Yeah yeah. Sorry, just got lost in thought." I hope he couldn't hear the sadness coating my voice.

"Layla.. Please don't get upset. We will be home in 36 more days."

"I know Luke, I know. It's just hard being away from him and you guys." I let out a sigh and slump my shoulders.

"I know. But we will be back soon enough. Don't worry." A small smile covers my lips at his attempt to make my mood better. I realized I was still in the bathroom so I went out to the living room and put some music on the stereo. I checked the time and almost screamed because class starts in 10 minutes and I'm not even ready. "Shit. Luke I gotta go. Class is in 10 minutes and I still have to get dressed."

"Okay Lay. I'll talk to you 'Lay'ter. Love you. Here's Ash." I hear some shuffling and then Ashton sighed. "I didn't even get to talk to you and now you have to go." The sadness in his voice was apparent and it just made my mood even worse.

"Now I don't want to go to class. I just want to stay here and talk on the phone with you." My pout deepened, if that was even possible.

"No baby. You have to go to class. I will be fine. You can call me when you get home."

"But you sound so sad and I just.. okay. I will call you as soon as I get home. I promise."

"And I will answer on the first ring. I promise. Bye baby I love you sososo much."

"I love you more baby." I hear him chuckle and then I end the call and run to my room to get ready.

I throw a pair of jeans and a tee shirt on, not even caring if they were clean. I had 3 minutes until class starts and I am going to be so late. University is a 10 minute drive. God damn it Luke. I wouldn't care if I was talking to Ashton but I didn't get to really talk to him. I just really miss him.

My mood is just getting even worse as the minutes pass by. I hop in my car and try to beat the traffic to class. When I get there I run to the door and apologize at least 20 times before the professor told me to take a seat. I took a seat more towards the back and tried to concentrate on the lecture but it was difficult. All I could think about was how sad Ashton sounded on the phone and how I just wanted to kiss away the sadness.

I just really hope these next 36 days go by fast..