16 | in a troubled Barbie's world

Trauma is a fact of life. It does not, however, have to be a life sentence.
- Peter A. Levine

[Warning: This chapter contains heavy mention of sexual assault and degrading women

[Warning: This chapter contains heavy mention of sexual assault and degrading women. If any of this is triggering to you, please skip/wait for the next chapter! Thank you!]

───────────────────

Krystal Jung was born with a silver and golden spoon in her small, precious mouth. A loving older sister, brother, and parents, she grew up getting anything she wanted. However, she didn't expect to be step-siblings with Jung Jaehyun. Jessica and Yunho were welcoming Jaehyun to the family while Krystal was extra distant with Jaehyun. Ironically, the sudden and tragic event that happened to Krystal made them closer. Close as if they were blood.

24 hours before the Chinese Clan's party

Year Two

Krystal pulled her thick and luscious, dark brown hair into a high ponytail, eyeing at her reflection in the mirror. She could hear her roommate Irene's conversation with her mother demanding her to send more money for school.

Such a spoiled brat.

"I need it for books, umma!" Irene exclaimed. She caught Krystal staring at her through the mirror and exited out the dorm room.

Krystal shared a dorm room with Irene and Sooyoung also known as Joy. They're the super nice beauty queens of Shujin Academy, but when they enter back into the dorm room, they become a different person according to Krystal.

Once, they tried to get Krystal to get kicked out by planting drugs under her bed just in time for room inspections. Krystal was one step ahead of them as her camera recorded the entire action. With a warning given from Yeongwoo, Krystal was able to seize the opportunity and make them her assistants. Kissing her ass was common, but having two of your potential rivals work for you was the ultimate flex.

Krystal grabbed her bag and headed out of the dorm walking to her locker.

"Princess." A warm tender voice called Krystal.

Krystal's lips grew into a smile as she saw her lover, Mark Tuan. He held a red rose in front of his face hiding his shy smile. Krystal giggles as she takes the rose from Mark. Giving Krystal a quick peck on the lips, Mark went forward with the conversation.

"There's a party being thrown tomorrow night. Wanna accompany me?" Mark asked in English.

"A party on a Friday night sounds fun!" Krystal winked.

"Yeah, but it's not really a party party. More like a business party." Mark leaned against the lockers.

Krystal soon nodded understanding. It was one of those parties. The parties where clans meet and exchange peace treaties or handle issues going on within the clans. Usually, it doesn't end very well.