Chapter 18

I managed to get away from Nate and out of his sight just long enough to shimmy up a tree. I see him stop below me and turn his head side to side, calling my name. I hold back my sobs as I watch and wait, he runs straight forward again and once he's far enough away I climb back out of the tree and back to town.
When I get to town I rush into my house, and run to the guest bedroom. Holy fucking shit.
A have to stop myself from vomiting at the sight. In front of me is Vivian, lying on the floor in a pool of her own blood. Her left eye is missing and so are some of her fingers, there's a large gash cutting through her right cheek and she's got many other cuts and stab wounds. I fall to the ground beside her, horrified. Then she blinks open her eyes, shit she's still alive.
"Ph-pheonix..." She weakly mutters out.
"Vivian! Fuck, I-i'm so sorry, I shouldn't have left, fucking shit, what has he done to you?" Is what I manage to get out.
"I-iss not your faul." She slurs out, she's weak and bleeding out.
"I'm going to get help." I tell her, I'm sobbing again.
"I'm gonna die here." She weakly let out, making me cry even more.
"NO! I'M GOING TO GET HELP, YOU'LL BE OKAY! JUST HOLD ON!" I scream, more out of fear than anything else. I run to my mom's room to get her, she's lying in a pool of blood on the floor as well, and her neck is cut open. I run to her the second I touch her I pull my hand away again, she's cold to the touch. When I look over to the other side of the bed, I see Hope, her whole head is missing.
I go to call 911 but my phone is dead.
Then I remember where Hope had pointed when she first saw Nate, her prophecy has been true so far, going where she pointed me to go is at least worth a shot.
I run out of the house and to the road, I run in the opposite direction of the airport. I run and run and run, then I see a sign for a police station. I run inside and the officers immediately rush up to me. I'm frantically trying to tell them about Nate and what happened, but I'm sobbing too much to make perfect sense, one of the officers leaves to go to the house, and the other starts to handcuff me. They think I'm crazy! They think I did it! I start to fight back, insisting that it wasn't me. I see the officer pull out his taser, but he stops before zapping me because the door opens and in walks a man in hunting gear who I've never seen before. He has a bruise on his eye, but the person he's holding seems a lot more beat up. Nate keeps fighting back, swinging the bloody knife he's holding back and forth. The officer who tried to arrest me lets me go and tasers Nate instead, the man holding him lets him go as he falls to the ground and the cop puts him in cuffs and shoves him into one of the few jail cells, all of which are empty.
Once Nate is behind bars he helps me up and apologizes to me. I just keep crying as Nate stares at me, with a sick grin on his face the whole time.