3

~You forgive people simply because you still want them in your life. ~ Drake

Two weeks later
I pulled into the school parking lot. It was 8:50 a.m. and the bell signaling that first period was over just rang. I stepped out of my charger and walked through the school front doors. The halls were crowded. Everyone was coming from their first periods and heading to their second periods. I looked around until I spotted Mariah walking towards her locker. I walked up to her and stood in front of her, blocking her locker.

"Happy Birthday, B!!" I yelled so the people around us would know it was her birthday.

"Thanks, B!" She replied smiling.

"How's it feel to finally be eighteen?" I asked her.

"I feel like a gottdang boss, mane." She responded. "But I still gotta come to school so can you back up from my locker, please?" She asked.

I stepped away from her locker and she grabbed the things she needed and closed her locker.

"Happy birthday, beautiful," Vashawn came up and told Mariah before he gave her a hug.

Vashawn is Mariah's day one, they've been through everything together. 'Shawn is a lightskinned nigga, he's probably 6'2, and he's tatted up. Shawn and I are friends too, we just aren't as close as him and Mariah. He's been Mariah's friend longer than I have. They've been friends since diaper days, while me and Mariah have only been friends since third grade.

Mariah and Vashawn act like a couple, they fight all the time, get jealous alot, and they protect each other no matter what. Even though they aren't together everybody knows whats up. If you mees with Mariah, you're messin' with Vashawn, and vice versa.

"Whats up, Ke?" Vashawn acknowledged me.

"Nothing much what 'bout you?" I replied.

"Nothing, but I gotta talk to you later. Don't forget," he told me before giving Mariah another hug and going to his class.

"What do y'all have to talk about?" Mariah questioned.

"I don't know," I lied to her. Vashawn wants to throw her a suprise birthday party tonight. He wanted to make sure that her 18th birthday would be the best. I'm in charge of decorations and drinks. He's in charge of the guest list, music, and getting Mariah there.

~*~*~*~*~*~

The rest of the day went by pretty fast. School let out 10 minutes ago. I was waiting on Vashawn by his all white mustang. I minding my own business, on instagram when Alicia, a tall skinny girl that's always in other people's business, came up to me.

"Why are you standing by Vashawns car? Isn't he with your best friend?" She questioned me looking all confused.

I gave her a stank look like,  Bitch move ain't nobody tell youvto come over here.

I didn't say anything to her though I just ignored her until she walked off looking angry. I hate people like that. The people always in your business. Looking for something that they can go and tell everybody. Do they not have business of their own? Find your own mind your own sweetie.

Vashawn walked up to me just as Alicia was walking away.

"What did she want?" He asked.

"Nothing trying to be nosy."

"Oh. Anyway you need to talk to Mariah and find out what she's going to wear tonight," he told me.

"Why?"

"So that we can match," he replied in a duh tone of voice.

I couldn't help but smile "Aw thats cute. What'd you get her?"