6

~I am scared to lose love but even more scared to love agian.~ Wale.

It's 1:15 p.m. and I've been in my anatomy and forensic's 6th period class for twenty minutes now. My phone vibrated in my backpack indicating that I had a text or notification. I carefully took my phone out of my backpack without the teacher noticing. I had two text. One was from Jeremiah and the other was from Calvin.

Calvin: Told you not to f with me.

Me: What are you talking about?

Calvin and I are officially over. He thought that it was all Jeremiah's fault. He told me that he'd make Jeremiah pay for it too. Since we've broke up I haven't been as paranoid as I was.

ThatniggaJ: We needa talk.

Me: I'm at school I get out in 30.

I know he is still mad at Calvin. He said he was gonna make Calvin regret ever hitting me. I hope he didn't do anything thats gonna get him into trouble though.

I remember Jeremiah and I use to be bestfriends when we were little. Our parents were friends when they were younger and they're still friends now. That's how Jeremiah and I know each other. We were bestfriends until him and his family moved to Atlanta when we were in the 6th grade. Thats probably why Jeremiah and I are so close, and why it was so easy for me to trust him.

Once I replied to their texts I put my phone back in my backpack without the teacher noticing. I was so anxious to see know what's going on with Jeremiah and Calvin. The last thirty minutes of class were painful.

When 6th period ended I got to leave because I didn't have a 7th period. I texted Jeremiah on my way to my car.

Me: I'm out of school.

I waited for him to answer. I was to my car when I got a text. I thought it was Jeremiah but it was Calvin.

Calvin: Come come see me and I'll tell you. I'm at my house.

He just now replied to my text from earlier. I got in my car and headed to Calvin's.

Twenty minutes later I made it to his nieghborhood. I had to park a block away from his house because there were police blocking off his street. I called Calvin to tell him I were I was. A few minutes later he came from behind the police tape and came up to me.

"What's going on?" I asked curiously.

"Why don't you ask your nigga." He looked at me in disgust.

I don't have time for his games. I opened my car door to get in. He grabbed me by my arm before I could get into the car. He took a deep breath. He looked sad and hurt.

"M-my mom was killed." He looked sad but not as sad as you would expect someone to be if thier mom just was murdered. I wrapped my arms around his waist and held him. I can't imagine lossing my mom. I can't imagine the pain he must be feeling.

After a few minutes I asked him a question.

"Wait what does this have to do with Jeremiah?" I was confused.

"He did it, Ke." His mood changed from sorrow to anger.

When he said that my heart stopped. Jeremaih? My Jeremaih? I don't believe this. Jeremiah didn't do this. He wouldn't do this. Its not that he's not capable of doing it but he just wouldn't do that. He wouldn't stoop this low.

I got in my car and headed to Jeremaih's.

~*~*~

I knocked on his door a couple of times before he answered. He opened the door and walked back into his livingroom without saying anything to me.