8

~History repeats itself and that's just how it goes.~ J. Cole

The lady took a photo out of the manilla file folder in her lap. She turned the picture around and layed it in front of me so I could see it clearly. It was picture of a kitchen knife covered in blood.

If I was gonna kill this lady I wouldn't use a damn kitchen knife. After looking at the picture I looked up at her. She pulled another photo out of the folder and layed it in front of me too.

It was a photo of a lady. She was a brown skinned lady. She looked like she could be in her early 40's. Her abdomen had stab marks all over it and was covered in blood. It was a picture they took at the scene.

I looked at the photo of the lady very closely, thinking that I might recognize her.

" Sorry to disappoint you but I haven't ever seen this lady. Ever. In my life." I slide the photos over to her side of the table. "Can you let me go? Please?"

The lady mean mugged me for a second then stood up and walked out the door. A few minutes later Courtney walked in.

"Look usually with a case like this you'd have to wait to be released until after you go to court. But Christmas is in five days and the judge on your case won't be back until four days after Christmas. I'm gonna work and see if I can get you out before Christmas and you can just show up to your court date." She stopped to make sure I was listening.

I nodded my head for her to continue.

"If I get this to happen you can't leave the city, like at all."

"Ok." Hopefully she can get me out of here by Christmas.

She walked out the door and two guards came in in her place. One took off the handcuffs that attached me to the chair. The other stood at the door, just encase I decided to run.

The officer handcuffed my hands behind my back and lead me to a jail cell.

~*~*~*~*~*~

It's Christmas and I'm still in locked up. I layed back against the wall and dozed off to sleep.

I heard keys rattling and I instantly woke up. A guard was unlocking my cell. After he got the cell unlocked he opened the door and Courtney walked in.

"They won't let you out of here. You have to go to court first," she got straight to the point.

"When's my court date?" I asked her.

"In three weeks. January 21st at 10 o'clock." I don't know why she told me the time. Its not like I had an option of being late.

"Ight." I didn't say anything else and neither did she. She left the cell leaving me alone.

I can't believe I'm stuck in this place for three weeks. All I could think about was how this is going to effect my son.

Keke

Ding Dong! The door bell rang. I waited a few seconds to see if one of my parents would get it, they didn't. I got up from the recliner I was sitting in and answered the door.

I opened the door to see Jeremiah's worried parents.

"Come in," I moved aside making room for them to enter.

They walked in and I lead them into the living room, even though they knew how to get there. They sat on the couch across from my parents. I stood in the doorway but I could tell they wanted me to leave.

I went upstairs to my room. I plugged my black and gold beats headphones into my phone and let my music control me.

I unlocked my phone, which was dry, it didn't have any messages or notifications. I looked at the clock on my phone, it read 8:24 p.m. I had fallen asleep listening to my music.