your music is one of the few things that makes me smile

• Dedicated to @PikaKayla91

The room had a darker tone to its atmosphere and there were black leather couches lined up in a square. We walked into the room and headed toward the couches. Unlocking our hands, I sat on the one closest to the furthest wall, pulling my knees to my chest and leaned against the arm rest. Michael sat on the couch to the right of the one I was on and crossed his skinny right leg, putting his right foot on his left knee.

“Did you enjoy the set?” he asked at me.

My eyes widen and I quickly nod my head several times. He lets out a laugh, looks down playing with his shoes and I feel my body relax a little.

“I-I just want to say,” I stutter out and I feel him look up at me. I slowly look up at him and continue, “I’ve been going through a rough patch in my life lately a-and your music is one of the few things that makes me smile.”

He looks back at me, his eyes softening, a small grin spreading across his face as he stands up with outstretched arms. After tapping the seat next to me, he takes a seat on my right. He was close yet far enough away that I didn’t feel uncomfortable.

“It always makes me, well us,” he laughs, “feel really good about what we do when we know we are helping our fans.”

“Yeah,” I smile.

My gaze returns back to the hem of my shirt, I’m not sure what he was doing when I hear, “Du du (x10)” and feel my back pocket vibrate. I jump up feeling the crimson running onto my cheeks. My thin fingers fumble to get my phone out of my pocket as Good Girls continues to play and I hear Michael chuckling behind me, still sitting on the couch. I quickly look at the screen and see the name Jaesy on the caller ID.

“Jae!” I answer.

She instantly starts badgering me with questions, screaming through the phone. “Where are you? Where have you been? I have been looking all over for you! You were supposed to meet me at merch and there are so many dam people here!”

I turn to look at Michael and he is sitting on the couch with a smirk plastered across his face. I point my right pointer finger towards him and then point to the phone pressed against my ear. He realizes what I mean and quickly shakes his head no, I couldn’t tell Jae where I was. I shy away feeling the blush creep onto my cheeks. I tell her I will meet her near the entrance to the stadium, where we had met before the show started.

My eyes widen as I go to put my phone away and Michael grabs it out of my hand, now standing next to me.

“What are you doing?” I ask nervously. Since this idiot is over a foot taller than me, he laughed and held my phone high above my head furiously typing away.

I sit back down on the couch, laughing, as I put my head in my hands realizing there is nothing I could do to get my phone back. Feeling the couch slant down, I look up and see he has once again sat down next to me, his hand extended with my phone. I flash a small smile as I take my phone out of his hands. I turn to the right, looking green haired Aussie and timidly ask,

“Can we take a photo?” He laughs and responds, “of course.”

He stands up and grabs my phone off my lap, I quickly follow standing up next to him and start to twiddle my fingers in front of me and looked down at the floor. What happened next shocked me, he wrapped his left around my waist and pulled me closer to him. I flinched and felt the blush run to my cheeks once more.

He opens the camera and I try to put on my biggest smile while I peek at him flashing his toothy grin for the camera. The camera clicked several times as he changed his face, sticking out his tongue and being silly. He then turned his face, kissing my cheek and snapping the camera a few more times. I could feel the red filling my cheeks and my eyes close as he did this.

Michael pulls away and laughs, I turn to face him and turn too soon as I realize he was still close and looking down at me. Time seemed to freeze as we stared at each other in silence. We just kept staring at each other for what seemed like forever until I heard a door click.