it's okay no one will think to find you in here

*screams*

I look around at all these girls, and a few guys, that instantly surrounded Michael and I once we leave the privacy of the hallway. I feel an arm squeeze tightly around my shoulder as Michael tries to protect me from this madness. I had heard and seen about this madness on Twitter, but being a part of one was kind of terrifying, especially from the other side. The screaming continued and I feel fingers wrap around my wrist as they pry me away from Michael. He looks at me with wide eyes as I feel arms wrap around my waist and spin me around to look into the eyes of my best friend.

"Jae!" I exclaim and wrap my arms around her.

We lock arms and push our way out of the screaming fans. When we reach the white brick wall, I look back and see Michael being passed around to take one picture after the next and I see the distraught look in his eyes. Jae's hands grab my face and I look at her and her lips are moving so fast I can't even tell what she's saying. I squint my eyes and suddenly my head is filled with clouds as I fall to the ground.

Michael's P.O.V.

"Hi, yes umm...thank you...aw thanks!"

My eyes open wide, fearful for what was happening to Isabella. I slowly pull away from the most recent girl that was clinging on to my arm. I smile for one last picture after she called my name loudly. I force a grin and quickly walk away from the screaming fans, timidly waving goodbye to them.

I look around for Isabella, nervous about how she was ripped away from me so fast, and I see her across the way on the floor with a girl hovering over her.

My phone vibrates and I reach my hand into my front right pant pocket only to find an empty space. Instantly, I begin to panic, thinking that one of the fans might have taken my phone. I start to feel around, checking my back pockets, chest pockets (even though I didn't have any) and finally pulled my iPhone out of my left front pocket. My screen was covered in texts from Calum, Ashton and Luke.

The first message was from Calum and it's the emoji with the monkey that has his hands over his ears. The next text was from Ashton and the words read, "what's goin on bro? I hear a lot of screaming" with a wide-eyed emoji on the end. Then in a separate line Ashton said, "& where r ya?" Then Luke, being the smart ass he is, responds with a penguin emoji. I respond with: "SOS come out to the lobby! I gtg check on Isabella." Ashton then responds with the running man emoji, so I lock my phone and put it into my front right pocket where it belongs.

Looking across the way to Isabella, I find my way around the mass of fans, hiding my face and hair the best I can. When I finally reach Isabella, she is leaning against the wall, her knees brought to her chest and the same girl from before is sitting beside her.

"Isabella?" I question and she looks up while patting the empty spot to her left.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah, that was just...a lot," Isabella answers.

"I get that," I say with a laugh.

Then I noticed the other girl repeatedly poking Isabella's right shoulder. Isabella looks to the girl beside her and back to me before she clears her throat and says,

"Michael, this is Jae, my best friend...and Jae, well, Michael," she finishes with a laugh.

I stick out my right hand and Jae eagerly meets my right hand with hers and I give it a firm shake. I pull my hand back and Jae looks in complete shock, so I shift uncomfortably and Isabella shakes Jae's left shoulder to bring her back a bit.

Once Jae is getting back to normal, I inch away a little bit and lean my head against the white brick. I close my eyes for a minute, but before I do, I see Isabella send Jae a little glare. Suddenly my exhaustion hits me and I realize I have been going non-stop since before the show. A quietness also fills the hallway and I notice that the fans have stopped screaming and I assume that they are just standing there waiting for the other idiots to come out and greet them. Just as I start to open my eyes, the screaming resumes, so I slam my head back into the wall in relief and frustration.