Chapter 2

"Soph. wake up!" Dora shouts from her room, which is only a door away from mine.

"But Im exhausted " I moan, turning around to face my pillow.

"Well then I guess you won't want to go to Diagon Ally" she says in a sing song voice.

"Oh yeah, I can't believe I forgot" I exclaim, jumping out of bed.

I look in my wardrobe for something nice to wear, today is quite cold (well for July) so I put on jeans and a warm jumper and braid my curly hair. I go downstairs to see my parents waiting at the fireplace.

"Finally your dressed" Dad says, letting out an exaggerated sigh.

I smile at him and get into the fire, I take a handful of floo powder.

"Diagon Ally" I shout, careful to articulate every letter clearly. I feel myself spinning and land in a familiar shop.

I wait for the rest of my family to come through, we all look a bit of a mess, with ash smeared across our faces, but when they arrive mum cleans us off.

"Do you have the list of your equipment" Mum asks.

"Yes Mum" I say "I amn't that forgetful"

"Ok, so what first" she questions

I check the list:

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

UNIFORM

First year students will require:

Three Sets of Plain Work Robes (Black) One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear. ...
One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for Day Wear
One Pair of Protective Gloves (Dragon Hide or Similar)
One Winter Cloak (Black with Silver Fastenings)
      Please Note That All Pupil's Clothes               Should Carry Name Tags.

      Books

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk.
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide To Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs And Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts And Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts And Where To Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide To Self Protection by Quentin Trimble
     OTHER EQUIPTMENT

1 Wand
1 Cauldron (Pewter, Standard Size 2)
1 Set Glass Or Crystal Phials
1 Telescope
1 Set Brass Scales

     Students May Also Bring An Owl OR A Cat OR A Toad

PARENTS ARE ALSO REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED                                          THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS

"Ok so first Madame Malkins" I say bossily.

"Ok Chief" Dad says.

I chuckle, we walk to Madame Malkins to get my uniform, I get a size too big so that I can grow into them.. school stuff is expensive. We then go to Flourish And Blotts to get my school books, when we get there I look around in awe, I still admire it even though we go here every year. The patterned walls and old oak shelves. Flourish and Blotts had always been my favourite shop (Well maybe after Florean Fortescue's Icecream Parlour).

We buy my books and Mum lets me buy one extra book (Quidditch Through The Ages)
I love Quidditch, I've played it outside with Dora every week since I was eight, I nearly always played chaser but I was quite a good seeker too.

We go to Olivanders next to get my wand.

"Hello, you must be mr Olivander" I say adressing the old man behind the counter, I hadn't been here before as Dora was in third year when I came to live with the Tonks.

"Yes I am, and who may you be" he says politely

"I'm Sophie Tonks" I say shyly.

"Well Miss Tonks let me see what I can get you" he looks under the counter "Try this one Dragon Heartstring, 11 inches "

I try the wand and hear a crack from one of the shelves. I see I had broken a rose patterned vase, I wonder why the vase was even there in the first place, it seemed foolish to have such delicate things in a place like this, but I don't ask him that.

"I am so sorry" I say guiltily.

"Oh don't worry he" tells me, he takes out his wand, says the word "repearo" and the vase mends instantly, I guess that answers my question.

"So not that one" I say, trying hard not to laugh.

"No, not that one".

"Maybe this one" he hands me an ombre wand, it's colours ranging from a dark reddish colour to light brown.

"Red oak, 10'', Unicorn Tail Hair, Flexible" he states

"It's beautiful" I whisper.

"I'm glad to see someone who appreciates the beauty of wands" he sounds impressed.

"Goodbye mr Olivander, I hope I see you again"

"Goodbye miss Tonks" he responds.

Once we had gotten all my school supplies we spot Eoylops owl imporium.

"Pleaaasse can I get an owl, Please Please Please" I beg.

"Are you sure you'll be able to look after one" Mum questions, most of our previous pets had either run away or... well, it's best not to talk about it.

"I'm sure, I'm sure, I'm sure" I plead.

Finally after a lot of persuading she lets me go in, it is astounding , owls, cats, toads and rats everywhere. I see a cute little barn owl staring at me friendlily,  I walk over to it, looking into it's adorable brown eyes. It doesn't move.  It sits there happily for a few minutes and flies onto my shoulder.

"Excuse me" I say to the elderly lady working behind the counter.

"Yes dear"

"Please can I get that owl" I point at the bird in the corner

"Yes of course, that will be 8 Galleons"

I pass her the money and go out of the shop.

"That was the last place" I tell my family, we reach the shop with the fireplace and we get back home.

I collapse on my bed, today had been a long day.

A/N:
So...  next chapter The Hogwarts Express, I might stick a full moon somewhere before so the next chapter will be pretty eventful.