10 ||

"Hey, was that Sonya Smith's lawyer?" A tall, dark-skinned Indian woman asked in awe as she barged into Logan's office. Logan rolled his eyes as she threw herself on the black couch standing against the wall.

Logan briefly looked up and narrowed his eyes at her as she laid flat with her feet on the couch while her shoes were still on. "She can't even afford to pay her rent upfront, how the hell would she even afford a lawyer?" He scoffed before he turned to his laptop screen and continued to type.

"Especially one as fancy as her, right?" The woman said dreamily, causing Logan to roll his eyes; a habit he had whenever she was around.

"She is not her lawyer; she is her sister," Logan said, and the woman threw her feet off the couch, stood up, and walked up to his desk before settling on the chair opposite him.

"I didn't know Sonya had a sister." She said, a frown masking her dark, beautiful face. She was a tall, slim young woman with long dark black hair and dark eyes. Her black hair was left loose, and she was wearing a knee-length summer dress, which exposed her long legs, a white cropped and half-sleeved jacket, and short white heels.

"Well, apparently, she does," Logan muttered under his breath. "Her name is May Smith." He said with distaste, and his friend leaned forward with unhidden interest.

"What did she do?" She asked.

"It turns out that she is the woman who humiliated me last night," Logan said as he slightly closed his laptop and leaned back against his chair. He sighed and rubbed his temples, obviously tired from staring at the laptop nonstop.

"Oh, I saw the article Sasha wrote on her website." The woman said in distaste before an excited look ghosted her face. "She looks filthy rich!" She exclaimed excitedly, referring to MJ and her fancy suit and handbag.

"Take Dora, the woman who sells vegetables down the street, give her a makeover and buy her fancy clothes, and everyone will think that she is my loving, filthy rich mother." Logan retorted sarcastically. "The woman is overconfident and acts as though she runs this place. Wait till I'm done with her." He said with a calculative look.

"Oh, my word!" She exclaimed. "You are planning on using her to get rid of Sonya Smith for good." She said, giving him an incredulous look.

"How observant of you," Logan muttered sarcastically, remembering that she was the second person who knew him well after his best friend.

"I am going to get my things, meet me downstairs in five because you are taking me out for lunch." She said and pushed back her chair as she stood up.

"It is not even lunchtime yet, it has only been two hours since work started," Logan said, casting her an annoyed look.

She beamed at him and leaned over his desk. "But you are the boss." She said in a singsong voice and shut down his computer.

Logan gritted his teeth in annoyance. "Natalia." He grounded her name, but she just gave him a cheeky smile and grabbed his phone and car keys off the desk, and then jumped back before he could catch her.

"Meet me downstairs in five." She said and ran out of the office just as Logan was about to get up from his chair.

Logan groaned as her booming laughter rang outside his office. "Natalia Naidoo, you are going to be the death of me." He muttered under his breath as he slung his suit jacket over his shoulder and walked out of his office.

***

"Miss Billings?" Liam called, peering over at his boss from the rear-view mirror. "Where to?" He asked.